Applecross 2017 the tartan weekend

ziplob

yes , just head out of Callander and you will come to the first carpark by Hamish the bull , go past it and its the next one you will see us .

• Like 1

Hi Guys 

will not manage this weekend due to Westie still in garage !

hope the weather is kind to you all and stay safe 

thanks William

14 hours ago, Wills 57 said:

Hi Guys 

will not manage this weekend due to Westie still in garage !

hope the weather is kind to you all and stay safe 

thanks William

Not good re engine :down: but we hope to see you at another event soon! 

Have a great weekend guys. Hope the weather Gods are kind to you all.

Shakedown run at 4pm.

Quick blat of 5miles. 1mile from home, battery warning lamp comes on.

Fanbelt burst / missing when I get home ..... Bummer.

Visit to Halfors ... Don't stock fan belts anymore, can get one for next day .... 

Visit Smaller car shop Overdrive in Airdrie, same response, can get it next day.

Need belt today as run to Applecross is first thing tomorrow morning.

Guy at Overdrive then phones his supplier, ask for urgent delivery of belt.

Supplier agrees and after 30mins, belt arrives at Overdrive shop.

10 out of 10 for customer support ... Shop stayed open extra 30 mins waiting for belt

Then follows 3 hours to get belt on.

Belt I purchased is marginally to small and won't go over the pulley rims.

Had to unbolt the alternator and add the belt then bolt the alternator bracket back up again.

9pm back together ... Run it for 10 mins to get up to temp.

looking good .....

Roll on the weekend run .....

• Like 5

Hi Rab,

I waited at the petrol station at Sainsbury's at Straiton till 08:30, but may have been in the wrong place. Now heading for Kilmahog, will catch up there.

Sorry, don't have a mobile number for you.

Cheers,

Brian

6 hours ago, Garyt said:

Having a bacon roll and coffee at the bottom of applecross pass see ya soon

You made it there?

• Like 1

Yep made it there and home Nae issues :) would have been great if you could have joined us

Ok so just home from clan mcwesty's annual pilgrimage to applecross 
Arrived teatime on Friday and booked into the campsite, got the tent pitched , kettle on and opened a cider. The troops arrived and with all settled in the Barbi was lit and the gazebo put up, a great evening of BBQ bevy and craic to the wee hours 
Up Saturday morning and off to the walled garden for brekkie and then a day of great driving roads up over the pass and up to the viewpoint on the glenelg road ( ferry not running , high winds) so back via Kyle of lochalsh to plockton up to sheidig and back to applecross.  The roads were fantastic and even the torrential downpours couldn't dampen anyone's spirit, one downside was Brian's clutch breaking but he limped her back to the campsite and arranged recovery for this morning 
Saturday night we had some excellent food at the applecross inn and some great banter, stories and company
Sunday dawned .... wet again but forecast to be better so after packing we all headed for breakfast before going over the pass to strath carron where we went our separate ways 
So a great weekend if you weren't there you missed a good'un a big thanks tae bob for organising it and the lads on the bbq and all that came for making a great weekend

this IS what the clubs about , having a good time with friends old and new, haste ye back

IMG_1405.JPG

IMG_1408.JPG

IMG_1410.JPG

IMG_1412.JPG

IMG_1413.JPG

IMG_1414.JPG

IMG_1415.JPG

IMG_1416.JPG

IMG_1417.JPG

• Like 6

Thanks to all, especially Alan and the unknown hero in the blue MGB for their help in getting my car back to the campsite last night after clutch packed in. Big up to ALPS Road Rescue ( http://www.alpsltd.co.uk/road-rescue-solutions/road-rescue/ ) for arranging the recovery of my car from Applecross to my home and to Morar Motors (Applecross to Kyle of Lochalsh to Stirling Services) and to CVS24 for the final leg from Stirling Services to my house. Got back at 7pm. All included as part of my insurance cover with M R Bloor. Sorry for the blatant advertising, but credit where it's due!

Thanks to Rab and everyone else involved in the organisation of the weekend, well done to the guys on the barbecue! Great fun, fantastic company. We should do it in the summer next year! 

IMG_6629.JPG

IMG_6630.JPG

• Like 3

Oh, and to reinforce the value of having breakdown recovery insurance, I met two guys in the campsite reception office this morning. They'd had an off in their 4x4, ripped the trailing arm out so needed recovered. No breakdown cover, so the RAC relieved them of £710 for the pleasure! :o