Applecross 2017 the tartan weekend

ziplob

I have a 15 inch ford 4 stud Westfield alloy with tyre.

It's a spare I have but don't carry it on the car, do we want it in the van or is that covered in case of puncture.

I have a couple of 13 inch wheels with 205/60?13 tyres on them plus puncture  repair kits ,jacks wheel guns tools in the van

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ziplob said:

I have a couple of 13 inch wheels with 205/60?13 tyres on them plus puncture  repair kits ,jacks wheel guns tools in the van

Perfect

Whitburn Gala day same time as Applecross so cant borrow the shelter Rab as he is using it for that. Soz

• Like 1

Forecast is rain for Applecross on Saturday - great! I just love the rain and midges! :d

On 2017-6-18 at 22:33, Hornet600 said:

Whitburn Gala day same time as Applecross so cant borrow the shelter Rab as he is using it for that. Soz

Rab, the dome shelter you have is pretty small is it not? especially if it's raining and everyone is trying to get inside.

How about we buy a bigger pop up job? Amazon have a 4.5mx3m waterproof one for £140, probably a tenner each and it's available for delivery Thursday on Prime.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airwave-4-5mtr-WATERPROOF-Integral-Windbar/dp/B004N6I8YC/ref=sr_1_20?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1497909185&sr=1-20&keywords=pop+up+gazebo

Here's a pic of Rab's shelter (no sides fitted) at Boness last year.

Dave.

IMG_5428.JPG

Thanks for the photo Dave, it looks not a bad size. I've just acquired a 3x3 pop up gazebo with sides from work,and will drop off to the van on Thursday, so between the 2 shelters we should have enough protection from any rain.

1 hour ago, deanoecosse said:

we should have enough protection from any rain.

Or sun.....!  (ever hopeful)

• Like 1

@deanoecosse Dean, the one in Dave's pic is the one we bought through the Club in time for Bo'ness. Size for size with the one that John brought to Applecross last year, I couldn't say but as you say, between this one and the one you're bringing, I'm sure there'll be plenty shelter from the burning rays of the sun! :sun: I've got sides for the Club one also. 

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 19:09, ziplob said:

tartan applecross stickers done and Mr and Mrs wee dov have offered to sort the Barbie out as fort this years run if no one has any objections its back across the ferry and a lunch stop at Plocton then back to the Inn .

Bob

Bob, I'm sure I won't forget but please thank WeeDov and Kay for their efforts again this year .. he's the best non attending member ever, tell him! :laugh:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robert (bombero) - Scotland AO said:

Bob, I'm sure I won't forget but please thank WeeDov and Kay for their efforts again this year .. he's the best non attending member ever, tell him! :laugh:

What's his excuse this year for non attendance? Rod Stewart gig again?, Daniel O'Donnell?, Cliff Richard?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deanoecosse said:

What's his excuse this year for non attendance? Rod Stewart gig again?, Daniel O'Donnell?, Cliff Richard?

I'm hearing that it's a Val Doonican tribute act however, I can't swear on it but WeeDov's been seen in his local Primark buying a new tank-top! :oops: