NASA LIES and other musings....

Mulder

They left big bicycle reflectors on the moon.  They fire lasers at them and time how long it takes to get back to measure the distance to the moon.  It increases by and inch and a half every year.

There again, perhaps the man in the moon has a bicycle, and he pedals very slowly

Where's mulder hiding. We need some more lies or truths or whatever they are to rant about.......

Looks like he popped in to have a look at what was going on at 10:21 pm yesterday, but maybe saw Lawrie's post and thought he hasn't got a theory to call that a lie, so he's looking into it.

Either that or Scott's sent the men in black round to have a word.....

Please.  We're more subtle than that.  Besides, you need someone who disagrees and raises alarms, as it helps those of us in power to conceal what we're really up to.

• Like 1

:yes:

Common Market is what we want. We don't want or need political or monetary union. 

ironically the other week we managed to join the single currency for a little while.

The disappointing bit for me is that so little has been achieved since Apollo 17 in December 1972--the last moon landing flight.

By now I had hoped we would already have a long established Moonbase and manned Mars flights.

As far as a manned mission, yes, although ISS is still fairly impressive. Unmanned missions have been doing fairly well but they are a lot cheaper and I think most folk don't find them as interesting since there isn't that visceral element when no crew are onboard. It's what I alluded to a while back in this thread, the race to the moon was driven by ideology and fear. A great thing was done for one of the worst reasons. Doesn't detract from the achievement though.

I feel cheated too though.

• 1 month later...

One thing that i've always thought was a bit suspect was due there being no airlock so when someone wanted to leave the Lunar Module, everyone would have to suit up so they could open the hatch.... ok that's not so strange BUT what did they do with all the air that is in the module?  

1.Did they just let it escape out of the hatch?

2.Did they pump it into a tank for future use?

Both numbers don't seem to work due to there being only a finite amount of air being carried by the Lander (tanks of sufficient air would be prohibitively heavy) and  with the lander being battery powered it would take a lot of power to pump the air out.

So what did they do?

The oxygen re breather was first invented by some french geezer back in napoleon's days , so much for progress  !

47 years after "one giant leap for mankind" astronauts go 250 miles up to the ISS in a Russian rocket. (1/1000th of the distance to the Moon)

Might have more money for space if less was wasted on lawyers. Just read EU is going to take legal action against UK, Germany and others for them not taking action against VW relating to the emissions scandal--see http://news.sky.com/story/eu-takes-britain-to-court-over-car-emissions-amid-vw-scandal-10687583

It depressurised and what little air there was inside was vented out, not retrieved.

I imagine dealing with the pressure differentials was one of the easiest parts of the space missions. After all, submariners have been adding and removing air/water etc to diving tubes, torpedo tubes and all sorts well before NASA was conceived.

Maybe the USA has hidden the weapons of mass destruction from Iraq on the moon? Yet another faux pas by the Americans?

................or another operation Northwoods?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

......... their governments over the years aren't the most honest? (Ours are no better either BTW)

Going to the moon now should be a piece of p*** compared to the 1960's so why haven't we been back with a manned mission...........................because there is no reason to as the fears of the American public over the space race with Russia (Which Russia were miles ahead of in the 1960's) no longer exists.

No other nation has been because they still know it is impossible with today's technology so don't bother!