NASA LIES and other musings....

Mulder

OK, I watched it. Having worked in TV for over 30 years, I have something of an appreciation of what you can do with a carefully timed cross-fade and a stab at shot matching, let alone how you can change a narrative by simply re-ordering shots and sound bites. Without any evidence of timelines on that footage, it shows nothing IMO. The chosen interpretation is even more bizarre and improbable than the "how many suns" pictures.

I'll need better evidence than this to change my opinion.

The simplest explanation is often the truth. They went to the moon.

• Like 1

Did we go to the moon in the 60's - not a chance IMO; we couldn't get there now with a manned mission.

Did we fake the Moon Landings? Not a chance IMO - we can only just fake it believably now with the tech we have, but back in the 60's not a hope in hell...

• Like 2

I do believe the various Governments keep many secrets and cover stuff up big time.

But the difference between wartime secrets like Bletchley Park and the Moon Landings is that one was always a secret known to very few and the other was widely publicised for nearly a decade before being televised live (allegedly) to millions around the globe with hundreds of thousands involved in the so-called "lie". 

10,000 people worked on codebreaking at Bletchley and kept schtum for decades after WW2 as the methods were deemed top secret under a UK and USA agreement.

I do believe the various Governments keep many secrets and cover stuff up big time.

But the difference between wartime secrets like Bletchley Park and the Moon Landings is that one was always a secret known to very few and the other was widely publicised for nearly a decade before being televised live (allegedly) to millions around the globe with hundreds of thousands involved in the so-called "lie". 

I well remember the moon landing, watched it live on the telly. I'd eat my hat if anyone can convince me it was faked!

Don't forget that one of the Apollo missions exploded on take off, in front of the world press. Why would they do that if it was faked?

Apollo 1 caught fire on the launchpad on 27 January 1967 and the three astronauts inside the capsule were killed.

The next manned flight was Apollo 7 on 11 Oct 1968.

Apollo 11 Moon landing date 20 July 1969.

On 28 Jan 1986 the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded 73 seconds into the flight killing the seven astronauts.

10,000 people worked on codebreaking at Bletchley and kept schtum for decades after WW2 as the methods were deemed top secret under a UK and USA agreement.

Yes, maybe more than a 'few' - but it was still a hush-hush wartime project rather than a highly publicised "you are going to be heroes and all the world will know" type of affair - keeping quiet when doing your bit against Adolf is different to lying to to the world and everyone you love about something thought to be one of the most important events in the history of mankind.

"you are going to be heroes and all the world will know" type of affair-----Exactly.

Out of interest, and not wishing to fan flames, what would those that believe the moon landing to be a hoax accept as conclusive proof that a landing HAD occurred (bar placing their own foot on the relevant lump of dusty rock)?

Yes, maybe more than a 'few' - but it was still a hush-hush wartime project rather than a highly publicised "you are going to be heroes and all the world will know" type of affair - keeping quiet when doing your bit against Adolf is different to lying to to the world and everyone you love about something thought to be one of the most important events in the history of mankind.

And the Bletchley people were made of the Right Stuff!   :rolleyes:

The disappointing bit for me is that so little has been achieved since Apollo 17 in December 1972--the last moon landing flight.

By now I had hoped we would already have a long established Moonbase and manned Mars flights.

• Like 1

And not forgetting that while everyone working on the space program knew what the common goal was, those people working at Bletchley were compartmentalised in small groups that didn't know or understand what the other groups were doing and couldn't put everything together, which made it easier to keep the secret. Amazing accomplishment.

The disappointing bit for me is that so little has been achieved since Apollo 17 in December 1972--the last moon landing flight.

By now I had hoped we would already have a long established Moonbase and manned Mars flights.

No money in it, so why bother?? USA only does things where corporations can make money out of it.

I am more disappointed that there is not a Concorde replacement yet.

• Captain Colonial locked this topic