GBS Tea and Mince Pies Sat 10th Dec

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Great looking forward to meeting these new people, Gary and Myra, and now Matty. The other good news is that ABC is bringing his WSCC 2017 calendar for me to look at. It's killing me sat here with no calendar yet and you guys have yours :(

GTM Libra, I will bring my camera then :) that will sit nice with our Westfields.

Sorry guys but my little girl is poorly and I can't make it today ... might be a trip to hospital in the pipe line :-(

Enjoy and I look forward to the pictures.

40 minutes ago, Andy_R said:

Sorry guys but my little girl is poorly and I can't make it today ... might be a trip to hospital in the pipe line :-(

Enjoy and I look forward to the pictures.

Oh no Andy, fingers crossed for you. Hope everything goes well for you all and that she's feeling better soon.

3 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Oh no Andy, fingers crossed for you. Hope everything goes well for you all and that she's feeling better soon.

Thanks Dave. Over the past four years we've adopted two children with severe disabilities so it's starting to become 'normal' to bypass A&E and go straight to the high dependancy units every time one of them catches something. Still doesn't make it much easier but we have good consultants & doctors so I'm sure she will be fine. 

Thank you Julie, Glen, Martyn and Sue. Lovely day thanks. Hope you got back in the dry! Have a great Xmas. Andrew

Yes we had a great time too! Julie will be along soon posting the details of the food and cakes we were forced to eat.

Unfortunately it got very wet on the last part of the journey so we were mildly moist by the time we got home :cry:

• Like 1

I am sure we must have got some funny looks in McDonalds as Andrew fetched the WSCC calendar in for me to look at. I still have not received mine :cry:. Oooh's and ahhh's, 'oh that's a good one' coming from the corner, it is excellent. I bought my new chopping board in for everyone to have a look at, a strange thing to do you might think, until you add in the 'Julie' factor. It has my Westfield on it, I met a man who does sublimation printing and well, what other photo would you incorporate into a glass chopping board?

McDonalds, Ollerton

DSC09601.JPG

We arrived at GBS to the usual friendly welcome, especially their German dealer who was cooking German sausages on a BBQ, forcing us the eat the currywurst sauce and warmed fresh crusty cobs. Note the mulled wine and German beers on offer too down on the right hand side, how generous is that? The German guy had been trying to convince his wife that he was telling the truth when he said the temperature here was 15 degrees, she was in Germany at minus 5 degrees.

DSC09616.JPG

In the showroom the ladies did not disappoint on the cake front with homemade orange and cinnamon cake, raspberry and cream cake to go with the Christmas cake. Miniature Christmas puddings smothered in white chocolate, drool, drool. 

DSC09603.JPG

Cars? yep, there were cars on show too. Matty and his dad came in the GTM Libra. Apparently GTM are 50 years old next year and there is a do at Blyton on the Saturday of the Stoneleigh weekend, take note. 

DSC09611.JPG

We were there too, Martyn and Sue, Andrew and Clare and us.

DSC09605.JPG

And some Zero's

DSC09613.JPG

Engines, we had engines to feast our eyes on, an American 2.5 litre duratec, 

DSC09623.JPG

and loads more.....

• Like 2

Good to meet up with you all, hope your trip home wasn't as wet as our.

Have a great Christmas.

Gary

The great thing about winter is that people go and fetch their other cars out instead of the Kits, like their Nissan Skyline GTR.

DSC09621.JPG

It's not bad, not bad at all

DSC09620.JPG

then the oldies turned up, the front car is a steam driven car

DSC09625.JPG

Here is the boiler to prove it, who needs diesel anyway.

DSC09626.JPG

I went into the workshop where the CNC machine turns lumps of metal into amazing things, the laboratory where the shock absorbers are tested, into the parts department and then upstairs onto sacred ground. The prototype of the new Zero is sat up there with the design team, due for launch later next year. I was respectful enough not to photograph that bit.

Gary and Myra introduced themselves to us and talked about the plan for chassis number 35. Gary had picked up the wiring loom up that morning and hopefully the car will be finished and out for us all to see at Silverstone Classic 2017, so that's one for you to look out for.

A man from Kit Car magazine was taking photos of the whole event so look out for a professional version of this bit in your newsagent. Feeling all full of sausages and cake we thought we would shake it up a bit and convoyed to Rufford Abbey and Country Park. I asked if we could have a photo in front of the Abbey but we were told not today as there was a Christmas Trail on and there were children running around. I understood and thanked the man for letting us last time. We had a look around the sculpture park and there were no takers for a daft photo, so if you want a job doing, do it yourself

DSC09632.JPG

After our lunch sat outside the cafe in the lovely warm winter air we decided the sky was starting to look too black for a Westfield and went our separate ways. We got home in the dry and even washed the car off in the dry and in the daylight for a change.

Rufford

DSC09628.JPG

Thank you everyone for coming, it has been yet another really interesting day. Rickyboy100 has the Yorkshire run on next weekend for those further north and stay posted for activities here once we get a weather forecast. Hope everything goes OK AndyR, keep us updated please.

• Like 2

Sorry again that I couldn't make it.

Update on Evie; We did indeed have a hospital visit and overnighter while she was being pocked by the medical gurus. We now have her back home and she is on triple doses of her normal meds ... which means she could probably take over Santa and deliver everyones presents as she's that hyped up :-) Fingers are crossed she has now thrown whatever caused this and we can get back to normal.

• Like 3