The West Coast of Scotland Trip 2017. Dates booked.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Hi Gary

Yes your right about The 8.45 outbound and am happy to go with which ever choice coming back. Please let me know after you have spoken to the ferry company. Seeing Castle O Mey is a great idea to. We want to see Culloden Battlefield at some stage and go on the Funicular railway.

We will be taking some time at Killin as well. We may just take a blat from killin up to Aviemore as a day trip.

I will check with the boss and see what she wants to do and give a you a definite of the plans for the last few days over the weekend. We will then be heading down to Edinburgh for a couple of nights to do some site seeing.

Ali

• 4 weeks later...

Hi sorry travelling home today as mum taken into hospital will chase them in the new year as not back to work till the 9th

will report back as soon as I hear from them

Right folks a wee update

Regarding the seaplane flights on skye; They are not taking bookings just yet for skye flights just for loch Lomond and west coast flights. I spoke at length with the lady today and have expressed a preference for the 31st may, evening flight (as opposed to mid morning) setting sun over the cuillins  (optimistic) cost for the gold ticket for loch Lomond is £103 pp and IS refundable if the flight does not happen for whatever reason she said that the skye ticket  price would be similar but could not confirm until booking is opened. She has promised to contact me as soon as this happens.

So are we going to hold off and wait or does anyone want to look at doing the west coast discovery from loch Lomond (gold ticket £119 pp) more details at lochlomondseaplanes.com

my own preference is for skye but am happy  to go with the flow

the plane seats 9 people so I have tentivley said 6 -8 people

let me know your thought pos or neg and we can go from there :)

ANY ONE ELSE FANCY COMING ON OOR WEE JAUNT ????????????

me again :)

next question ferry times scrabster to stromness  depart Saturday 3rd june which sailing 08.45, 13.15 , returning  Monday 5th june which sailing 06.30, 11.00, 16.45. sailing time is @90 mins and recommended to be at check in 60 mins prior to departure to check in. check in opens 90 mins before departure and closes  30 min before departure prompt

preferences please  as Geoffrey muted that he would like to see the queen mums residence the castle of mey which is between scrabster and wick,

a thought may be to take the lunch time sailing out and do the castle of mey in the morning, also to consider on the route south on Monday we have a long day however we could depart early doors and have breakie ont ferry and visit Dunrobin castle at golspie on the road south, we can back track fro the ferry to bettyhill and take the scenic route to lairg and back to golspie(for dunrobin) before journeying south, any which way the Monday will be a longish day :) again any thoughts preferences pos or neg welcomed

spoke with the ferry people and they said to book at least 1 month prior to travelling especially as a group don't worry if you do not know number of passengers as it is easy to add a person,

gary

Ooooo. ... looks like I'll be up that way over same period :)

Unfortunately been told "We're not towing your Westfield up there!" :(  we're touring in the Camper 

• Like 1

No need to tow at all other half drive camper you drive westy and point out that when we go sightseeing and have to pack the camper we will loose our scenic pitch

sorted stress free touring :)

joking apart it would be great if our paths cross

Hi Gary.

Thanks for the updates.

Regarding the seaplane. 

I would also prefer to do the flight over Skye. if anyone wants to do the other flight then I am happy to wait around but it is the Skye one I fancied.

With regard to Scrabster Ferry.

I would like to get the earliest Ferry but it would mean setting off around 6.15am from Durness to go for the Ferry which for me is not a problem. This would mean that we get the maximum time over by Scapa Flow to explore the island.

Ali is ok with the 8.45 sailing if you look earlier in the thread. :t-up:

Just go for it.... its an adventure.

• Like 1

Hi Geoffrey

yep that is fine with me to and I don't mind early mornings at all so Skye seaplane flight early ferry going which one returning ???

im happy for the early one again as that way we can have a bit more time to tour southwards

hey ho counting down 142 days to go :)

My thoughts where to get the early ferry across so we have as much time on the islands and then an early start to head back on the mainland to tour and mooch about.

everything I go to Scotland, I get the earliest possible breakfast or even skip breakfast and eat out and then I am out in the evening until as late as possible and this is usually between 9.00pm and 10.00pm.

I don't see the point of been on holiday to spend the time in bed or just sit at a bar.

I want to be out exploring as thats why I have gone.

Its exactly as we did last year.

• Like 1

Looks like we might bump into you boys - 10 of us booked up for a Highland Fling of our own between 1st and 6th (or maybe 7th) June, mostly based around Ullapool.

• Like 3

Quite right Geoffrey you don't see much in bed :) I'm more than happy to eat on the hoof and get out and about. 

chris it would be good if our paths cross maybe we can meet up at some point our route is laid out earlier in the thread 

gary

9 hours ago, Garyt said:

Quite right Geoffrey you don't see much in bed :) I'm more than happy to eat on the hoof and get out and about. 

chris it would be good if our paths cross maybe we can meet up at some point our route is laid out earlier in the thread 

gary

Gary.

If we meet up with Chris, I need to go at the front.

We wont keep up with Chris and his mates so I need to stop them passing.

• Like 2