Anybody fancy a project - Chassis not included £4.5k

Yanto

Parts of it are very nice.  It's just that there's not many parts like that!  I'll raise you to a fiver.  :d

I'll give you an extra 50p if you throw in the other half of the rocker cover  :d

Don't think I've ever seen one totalled quite like that! Looks like something heavy, other car? came down hard on top of the engine area, as well as the frontal and side impacts.

Unless that car was stationary, engine off, when someone dropped a Morris Marina on it...

That's crazy money though, no way is there kit worth £4500 SECOND HAND left on that car, that doesn't have huge question marks over its condition. The cooling system and possibly oil system will have been damaged in the crash, which can cause long term engine issues, but that's almost irrelevant when the engine itself has received a major impact in at least one position, significant enough to open the engine internals up to the outside; what debris got driven into the open head, was it still turning at the time, for how long after the initial engine damage did it run? What caused it to stop?

At the moment, you're paying a lot of money for some AP callipers and disks plus a stack rev counter.

The drivers harness is scrap after such an impact, the seats, drivers side at least, will have had huge forces through it from restraining the driver in a severe deceleration. I wouldn't trust the structural integrity of the grp, or where the mounts attach. (Plus you'll never get the poo stains out!!).

Given the rest of the damage, I'd be staggered if more than one or two wheels are OK, tyres, equally, at best may be badly flatspotted, or may have physical damage.

You might get a diff and a gearbox out of it intact. But that's a catastrophic amount of damage, though I do wonder if maybe it's been made to look worse either during recovery, or if the emergency services had to cut the driver out.

• Like 1

Could have spun and gone under a low fence or barrier.

I struggle to see it fetching much without a V5 allowing repair.  What have you go ..  seats, engine (if not damaged), gearbox, alloys if not damged, brakes, uprights if not damaged and instruments

Will the factory still offer a V8 chassis?

David

I wondered that, but the damage seemed so localised to the rear near side of the engine, even the air cleaner is bent down at the back!

Does look like it's eaten some vegetation though!

But like you say, much of the value in cars similar to this is in the V5 and the knowledge that you could return the damaged chassis to Westfield to be exchanged with a new one on the same chassis number. (And no, done officially through the factory, isn't ringing! Just repair).

I up it to £ 4.51  :d  :d

I up it to £ 4.51  :d  :d

I think you're bidding on the high side there Nick, don't get caught up in auction fever ;)

• Like 1

Will the factory still offer a V8 chassis?

David

They did a year and a half ago when I bought mine.

I think you're bidding on the high side there Nick, don't get caught up in auction fever ;)

Love a good Auction me  :oops:  :oops:  just ask Jane, who has often been heard to say "what have you bought now ????"

• Like 1

They did a year and a half ago when I bought mine.

Yeah, I asked if it was still available, at one of the open days. There was a wee bit of hesitation, the answer was something along the lines of we don't promote/advertise it, but if someone really wanted one, we do it. My follow up question was have you looked into doing a modern day version, with a newer V8? The answer to that one, at that time, was a flat no. It's not a direction we're looking in, we have the Sport 250 if someone wants the power levels the SEiGHT offered.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.