Sold: 2015 Westfield Mazda SDV

Prawnabie

Not in principle. He bought it for a price Shaun stated he was repeatedly happy to let it go at, despite everyone trying to be diplomatic and say it was worth more.

It really doesn't surprise me someone is flipping it, let them go for "silly" money and it's going to happen. Is the new price steep? I don't know, I've not looked at what they normally go for. Though there will always be a premium for buying from a dealer.

What would worry me more if I owned an SDV, (sorry Shaun, no offense intended), is that someone coming along and seeing his advert might think that's the going rate. But this is the problem with kits. There's no Glass's guide, so people can only go by what they see.

Not in principle. He bought it for a price Shaun stated he was repeatedly happy to let it go at, despite everyone trying to be diplomatic and say it was worth more.

It really doesn't surprise me someone is flipping it, let them go for "silly" money and it's going to happen. Is the new price steep? I don't know, I've not looked at what they normally go for. Though there will always be a premium for buying from a dealer.

What would worry me more if I owned an SDV, (sorry Shaun, no offense intended), is that someone coming along and seeing his advert might think that's the going rate. But this is the problem with kits. There's no Glass's guide, so people can only go by what they see.

Far too cheap IMO

I think you should delete the thread now, devaluing our cars!

This was exactly my point, which is why I still feel the thread should be deleted

Hi all,

I knew at the time I could of asked more for the car, but I know how much I put into the car and the price it went for I think was an good deal for both the buyer and me. If I had of spent ££££ getting everything from Westfield then yeah I would of needed to put more on it to try and recoup as much as possible but I didn't. As stated before on here, I scoured the classfields/ebay/for sales sections for lots of stuff and got some really good bargains.

There were other reasons for the price too - I needed to get the car shifted from its current home as it was going to have to spent more and more time outside as the garage was being used for other things and mine has another car being worked on.

A builder always knows in the back of his mind how much his car is worth and I can honestly say that if I would have put it up for another £800 I think I would of been pushing it, maybe that's not the opinion of other SDV builders but that's life - I'm not going to try and sell the car for more than I think it is worth.

Finally I knew that the buyer was a dealer, or associated to people who bought/sold kit cars before I sold it so I didn't really come as a surprise to see it on pistonheads, but I hope whoever ends up with it will be happy with it - I was and still am as I have the money I wanted for it!

• Like 2

Hasn't the price already been removed?

Seems to be an awful lot of fuss over nothing now.

It's the place to sell cars and surely the sellers choice as to the price?

• Like 2

Unfortunately this sets a president and helps to undermine the perceived value of these cars. Car sold undervalue and dealer makes his markup so the vendor and dealer are happy.

So how do you put a value on a self build car?

P.s. I'm probably a little p*ss*d off currently as my Mazda SEIW hasn't sold yet .........

Mazda SDV have previously sold much higher than this one. One cheap car doth not a market make :)

Not a lot will sell this time of year so to shift it quickly it'll have to be cheap. Come spring you could achieve the same timescale with a higher price

• 2 months later...

So....... it turns out that I am the new owner of this lovely little car and yes I did pay more than it was sold for by Prawnabie but, its worth every penny and I will be keeping it!

I would like to say that the car was very well built by Prawnabie and once I have found a set of seats I can squeeze my fat A*SE into, I will enjoy this car most weekends. Thanks Prawnabie :):yes:

6 hours ago, RMarine (Paul) said:

So....... it turns out that I am the new owner of this lovely little car and yes I did pay more than it was sold for by Prawnabie but, its worth every penny and I will be keeping it!

I would like to say that the car was very well built by Prawnabie and once I have found a set of seats I can squeeze my fat A*SE into, I will enjoy this car most weekends. Thanks Prawnabie :):yes:

Hi Paul, welcome to the club :ww: its a lovely car you've bought yourself there :yes:

8 hours ago, RMarine (Paul) said:

I have put a link up to your seats for sale on here as I saw them on LCB :)

Hi Paul

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the world of Mazda Westfields :t-up:

Two words as it's a mazda . Turbo or supercharger :rolleyes:you know your going to want to

And welcome nice car :ww:

On 1/6/2017 at 13:55, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

Hi Paul

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the world of Mazda Westfields :t-up:

7 hours ago, bigals said:

Two words as it's a mazda . Turbo or supercharger :rolleyes:you know your going to want to

And welcome nice car :ww:

Thanks Gary

Bigals  - lol..... yep. its quick already (to me) but i have already looked at Gary's post on the stage 2 head and/or the supercharger:p

• Like 1

On 1/6/2017 at 09:27, CosKev said:

I have put a link up to your seats for sale on here as I saw them on LCB :)

i saw that... :) 

Welcome aboard - lovely car that one. 

Go n/a - we haven't had a big power n/a build yet :d

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.