Your Car's The Star - The 2017 WSCC Calendar

Captain Colonial

EDIT: Calendar is now out - please do not send in any more photos this year - thanks! :)

Yes folks, yet again it’s time to get sorting through those photos you’ve been taking this year and select the best ones to send in for inclusion in the 2017 WSCC Calendar!

So if you want your Westfield to be a calendar star, it's time to send in your pictures!

If you want a bit of inspiration and ideas, previous calendars can be downloaded here. Be creative!

There are only a few things:

1. You must be a WSCC member.
2. You must have taken the photograph yourself — do not send a photo of your car that you have purchased from a photographer.
3. The photograph should feature either a Westfield car or illustrate an aspect of WSCC life (but no gurning faces or close-ups of young ladies’ bottoms or other bits please!).
4. You can either enter an electronic file or a colour print.
5. Electronic files must be of sufficiently high resolution to be capable of reproduction in print.
6. Pictures must not have appeared previously, either in Westfield World or on the WSCC Boardroom.
7. You agree to WSCC using your picture on the WSCC Calendar, or in any other way to promote the club and its activities.

8. The editor's decision is final.

The photo must be of sufficient quality to be printed in A4 size, so anything smaller than 1 Mb is highly likely to be rejected.  If you are emailing your photo, please check that your phone / tablet app doesn’t downsize attachment files when sending.

Files which are too large to be e-mailed can be sent via Hightail — click here, where you will find full instructions. This is a free service.

The higher the quality, the higher the resolution, the higher the chance you'll get your photo in the calendar.  You are not limited to one photo - send in as many of your best efforts as you can!  VERY IMPORTANT - please check that your image files are large enough. A jpg file of 1MB or larger should be OK; but if the image you're thinking of sending is smaller than that, chances are it won't be. Even if it is larger than 1MB, be aware that some email apps/services may automatically downsize attached files, unless you override, so that Peter Osborne may receive a much smaller version of the file that you have sent.  Please check your email settings and make sure that images will be sent at full size before you send.

Don’t forget to include as much information about the photo as you can - where taken, whose car or other interesting facts. Entries without such supporting info may not be considered - and don't forget to include your own name in full and name of featured photo item / person.  We want to put this info on the photos so we can all understand and enjoy.

E-mail your pictures to:
editor@wscc.co.uk

or post to:

Westfield World
8 Weldon Way

Thame

Oxfordshire OX9 3WW

Photos can also be sent in the post on a CD / memory stick (you need to enclose an appropriate SAE if you want it back).

Closing date for entries is 1st November 2016

Good luck and thank you! :t-up:

Bumpity bump reminder - come on folks, we need your photos or we can't make a calendar! :t-up:

Did you receive my email? I can send you 12 pics if you want to make it an exclusive calendar :d lol

Our beloved editor Peter (for it is he - God bless the editor and all who submit material to him) has reminded me that a Westfield is a dynamic device, and that the best photos of dynamic devices are often ones where it is being, er, dynamic, i.e. moving about on the road or track.  While the photos he has received so far are lovely, we'd like to see the cars in motion as well, and in interesting environments - please send them in too!

So here's what we are going to do to incentivise you lot - one of the 2017 calendar photos will be the WSCC Photo of The Year, an honour that will make you a legend in your own lunchtime.  The person who takes and submits that photo for the calendar will receive a free year's regular membership, a savings of at least £27.50 on your renewal (or £37.50 if it's a joint account).  The final judge will be me, so please submit your piccies and form an orderly queue to the right for your fawning flattery of me. :p

So please - get those dynamic photos sent in as well and as soon as possible - thanks. :t-up:

• Like 1

sent a couple in to Peter  :t-up:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only three weeks left to get your pictures in for the 2017 Calendar.

Remember, if your picture is chosen as the WSCC Photo of the Year your next year's membership will be FREE!

• Like 1

Peter has an upload service if you do struggle to send bigger photos, I used it for the first time earlier this year and it really makes lidpfe easier!

Thank you for the reminder Dave  :yes:

Re-sent through www.wetransfer.com as advised just in case my original email didn't arrive.

• Like 1

Yeah, was so pleased with we transfer I've used it myself for clients now, a couple of times - easy for us to exchange large size cad files without all the versioning issues that can occur with Drop Box.

• 2 weeks later...

Please please please get your photos in, just a very few days left! We can't do the calendar without you, and one of you will get a free year's membership! :t-up:

Okay, so you have 1 day to take a great photo - no pressure! :)

• Like 2