Seight wanted

dave63

I currently have a 2ltr pinto westy but after falling in love again with these cars more than i thought i would, I am looking for V8 westy to cure a long standing itch ive had.

Im looking for a road ready car (in good condition) not a project.

I am willing to travel the country for the right car.

Thanks dave

• Like 1

A V8 something, is a petrol head itch that just has to be scratched sooner or later!!

A V8 something, is a petrol head itch that just has to be scratched sooner or later!!

It certainly is.

I'm just in the process of increasing the sound track and baritone beat of mine  :devil:

Good luck with the search Dave, getting a decent one does seam to be getting more difficult.

• Like 1

I've scratched that itch by getting the TVR Chimaera, the noise that comes out of them pipes at the back end is phenomenal and you can't help but grin especially in built up areas, it's well worth it, my car actually came from your neck of the woods, but don't dive in, see a few cars first, I was shocked at the difference in quality between cars that were of a similar price.

Cheers Mark

It certainly is.

I'm just in the process of increasing the sound track and baritone beat of mine  :devil:

Good luck with the search Dave, getting a decent one does seam to be getting more difficult.

Getting one that doesn't require immediate work does seem to be hard.

My son (chriss1455) said there was a green and black one for sale at silverstone last month which looked nice but he didnt get any details on the car or the seller as i was only playing with the idea of getting one.

SeiGHT's aren't that bad to drive. You can make them do all sorts of frightening things if you want to or just poodle in 5th with a nice soundtrack.

• Like 2

There was a green one for sale at the start of the year at Stoneliegh & the same one was at Silverstone for sale last mouth!

Can't find it now though!

That one's got a lot of old holes in the bodywork for an £8k car, the scuttle looks like Swiss cheese in those photos. It also looks like an engine swap into an early chassis'd car, hence the old air filter holes in the bonnet.

As such, it would need very careful examination of the quality of the conversion, in particular the fabrication work. A proper factory SEiGHT has a wider tunnel than standard Westfields, to accommodate the bigger (Land) Rover gearboxes, and used to have more reinforcement around the diff cage for the higher torque and power outputs of the engine. (I say used to, as standard cars have gained lots of diff reinforcement over the years to cope with the more and more powerful engines builders fit).

At the right money, and with a fresh bonnet, (if you could find one), assuming all the mechanicals are OK, it looks like it could be a nice car though, certainly looks pretty!

I've seen the one on facebook  and it's not  for me as it requires too much work.

I've stopped searching  as I have decided to buy a TVR Chimaera to scratch that V8 itch.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.