2006 SEiW 1.6 Sigma for sale

Currigg

Very sad to say that my Westfield needs to go to fund a first car for my son. Amazing how quickly this has come around.

The car is on pistonheads priced at £9600. http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/other-models/2006/6007548?v=c

Hopefully someone else can enjoy it as much as we have!

Very tidy motor indeed..don't think it will take long to sell...

What a tough decision! Your Westie looks great.

I have just bought my son a corsa for his 21st birthday. Paid cash in the end but was tempted by the psp or lease deals as he does quite low annual mileage.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Please hang on to it for another 11 months so I can buy it  :d

If not, I have a top of the line 2010 mx5 available for swapping  :rolleyes:

Being 21 at the beginning of my career sucks. Your Westfield is lovely!

Edited by SlightlyStoopid

That would make a 17 year old very unhappy, but you never know! Enjoy the mx5

Just swallow very hard and get you son insured on the Westy.  win-win.....

If he is old enough to drive then tell him to get a second or third job.

He should be saying.

"Thanks Dad for all the years that you have gone without to provide for me. I really don't want you to sell your lovely Westfield. Please don't do it Dad. I don't need an expensive car so I will fund my own small car till I can afford a better one. Please don't sell the Westfield Dad.....please don't do it"  :(  :down:

• Like 1

He should be saying.

"Thanks Dad for all the years that you have gone without to provide for me. I really don't want you to sell your lovely Westfield. Please don't do it Dad. I don't need an expensive car so I will fund my own small car till I can afford a better one. Please don't sell the Westfield Dad.....please don't do it"  :(  :down:

This of course only happens in "warm glow" movies where Harry junior strikes out on his own and gets a lucky break working for a millionaire car collector ........  :d

The reality if my son is anything to go by is "Dad, this place down the road has got a Peugeot 306 with a full body kit and a turbo and it's only five grand - can you lend me the money". This is followed a few months later by "Dad, the engine has blown up - can I borrow a grand to get it rebuilt...."

15 years later I'm still waiting to get my money back (suspect that won't happen but then again, we're about to spend a large portion of his inheritance  :rolleyes:  :d )

Going back to the OP though - imho only sell your Westie as a LAST RESORT - you'll never get another one like it and it does look superb. Given that it will be your sons first car and therefore perhaps something of a learning curve in all senses of the word, I'd go for something that's easy to work on (I'm all for young people really understanding how things work and how to fix them), that it can have a few "improvements" that won't affect the insurance (like chequered body tape :p ) and most importantly, only costs a couple of grand.  

p.s: the Peugeot 306 with the full body kit and a turbo engine is sitting on a trailer in a field as he'd couldn't find anyone else to buy it after the novelty wore off - anyone out there want it for a small fee as a project ???

17 year old here. I'd much rather keep the westy and drive it myself. Although the insurance companies slightly reject this idea. Plus the Novelty of turning up to school in a red westy might wear off quite quickly.

However buying said 306 with a turbo doesn't sound like the best idea. Given my previous record with that kind car and piston rings......

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.