SOLD: 2004 Megablade (2008 R1 Engine)

Kevin Jones

Time to let my 2004 Megablade go.

I built this car originally with a Honda Fireblade engine but upgraded it in 2008 to the R1 to get the extra grunt for track/sprint use. This age R1 also has the advantage of running modern fuel injection with a slipper clutch as standard and runs stock sump with a baffle plate on track, making it very easier to maintain and drive compared to older engines.

The current spec is:

Genuine Mega-* chassis (diff cage has been strengthened by Westfield)

Original Mega bodywork + newer nose

Carbon tunnel top, interior rear panel & boot lid

7” Sierra 3.38 LSD diff

Plays-kool MSA rollbar

Standard wishbones/shocks/springs

SPA steering wheel with new quick rack

AP/Westfield front brakes

Westfield reverse box

Gel battery

2008 R1 4C8 Engine (~10k miles before fitting)

Engine has upgraded clutch springs, clutch cooler oil line, oil cooler, baffle plate and “breather” mods

Power Commander for fuel tuning

Tony Laws custom exhaust manifold

Trackday friendly (i.e. Large) Simpson silencer

Wheels are Compomotive CXR with Avon ZZR (sprint compound, 185 front, 215 rear)

Spare 4x Avon CR27 “WET” tyres on refurbished Ford alloys

Weight: ~450kgs

I also have a Brian James Minno trailer suitable for storing in a single garage that can go with the car if wanted.

As a track car I don't think you will find better in the fun/£ stakes. As plenty of Speed Series drivers have shown, a modern bike engine can make a rather rapid car and this vintage R1 has turned out to be a pretty reliable and cheap way to get there. I have tracked & sprinted this car over quite a few years so it's no show car, but it is well sorted and ready to go.

Looking for £8000, might be interested in p/x for something fun.

Car is in Harrogate, N. Yorks.

R1 3

R1 1

R1 2

R1 4

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.