Touring friendly Westie Wanted

Poptosis

Hi All,

First post here from a long-time wannabe owner. I confess however I am a complete newbie to the kit car thing - please be gentle with me !

I sincerely take my hat off to all you loons with crazy hardcore bike engined rockets, however for my entry into Westfield ownership I'm after something a bit more moderate.

From what I have read already I am probably looking for a 1.8 Zetec powered car that would be reliable and comfy enough to tour Europe (noting of course that the term 'comfy' is both relative and subjective). I will no doubt do a few track days a year but raw performance is not the priority on this one.

I am based in Poole Dorset and have a budget of up to £10k. Any advice, comments or recommendations very gratefully received.

Paul

:ww:

I use buttercup all year and I have made her into a tourer.

I went from full doors to half doors as I like to see out.

A heater gives a touch of nice comfort .

A windscreen means you can use a roof and wipers.

A half hood is all you need. The cockpit is too noisy with a full hood up and it steams up to quick.

I took out my carpets and used rubber matting so it does not stay wet through.

I changed my seats to JK Composites. Uber comfortable.

Power socket for satnav is good.

Lockable boot box is handy and I also have a Paul Ash luggage rack.

You won't get a car with everything on all at once but you can easily make a car your own over a period of time.

There is plenty more I have done as well.

Couple of nice red ones and a blue one on eBay 

Hi Paul

The alternative is to build one - but you will have to save up for that!!

I can recommend the building route - the amount of satisfaction you get is immense

You also get a chance to tailor the car to your personal preference.

It will take the best part of a year to get the car ordered, built and on the road - plenty of time to send letters to the  birthday fairies and Santa Claus :)

Thanks both. Keeping an eye on eBay and piston heads.

Love the brolly detail Geoffrey - Brilliantly British!

Sand Dancer I would love to build but not at this time. I just wouldn't get the time with work and looking to get rolling soonest.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.