VIDEO ADDED. GEOFFREY'S JAUNT DAY TRIP TO KIELDER FOREST 14.08.16

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Cant make it now geoff, failed mot on emissions... Pah. Thick tester couldnt find car on system

What a fantastic past few hours.

I met with Neptune who has travelled up for tomorrows run.

We met on the sea front and had coffees and the cars were the centre of attention.

From here we went for a pose through Scarborough with more pictures and various comments shouted at us...all good ones.

Up to Olivers Mount for a drive round the hill climb and motorcycle circuit.

Next it was down to the mere where we watched about 50 swans all feeding. Water was so calm and the most beautiful blue.

Back down the sea front for lemon top ice-creams and the cars caused a lot of interest when parked up.

Then we parked on the harbour. Again loads of interest in the cars.

One woman of around 70 got in Buttercup behind the wheel. She had the harness on, my glasses and my hat. I even got a kiss from here at the end.  :t-up:  :d.

We have had children sat in the cars, families asking us questions and loads of pictures.

Weather is really sunny, sky and sea are blue and great company.....what is better than that. 

IMG_0945_zpsepcmqvyg.jpg

• Like 5

Great day out thanks Geoffrey!

Although calling Peter fat and Paul scruffy was a bit much ;)

And I had to pay TWO whole English pounds for parking as I didn't have a 50p! Gutted.

Thanks everyone for coming today.

Think it was 12 or 13 cars.....need to double check.

Left at 6.25am this morning and arrived home at 20.25.

I will do a write up later but it was great that so many turned out.

Fantastic weekend for me. Thanks for your warm hospitality and the tour of scarborough Geoffrey. Even bigger thanks for sundays run. Simply sublime.

• Like 1

Fantastic weekend for me. Thanks for your warm hospitality and the tour of scarborough Geoffrey. Even bigger thanks for sundays run. Simply sublime.

Glad you had a great time and it was fantastic that you put in some much effort to come and join us.

I have nearly fished my film editing so will post that and a write up later....still on with it.

I thought Saturday evening was fantastic.

Had a canny day out, cheers Geoffrey.

I think its the most Westfield I've seen in one place, not managed to get to any of the shows yet.

I think the WSCC should have a version of the dash warning sticker available in the shop.

Graeme

• Like 1

Had a canny day out, cheers Geoffrey.

I think its the most Westfield I've seen in one place, not managed to get to any of the shows yet.

I think the WSCC should have a version of the dash warning sticker available in the shop.

Graeme

Hi Graeme.

Really pleased you had a great day out.

I think there was 13 cars from memory and it was a great turn out.

Myself and Chris have met up a few times on our runs out so it would be great if you could join in on one of them.

Thanks for joining us.  :t-up:

Well what a great day out we had.

It was 361 miles from my house and back. We had no rain but was overcast all day but that certainly did not spoil anything.

Three cars had to back out at the last minute which was a shame but do fully understand so so it looks like we may have to do it again for those that missed out.  :t-up:

I left home at 6.25am and met Dave and Emma and we all thought Rob would be late....as he ALWAYS IS....but he was bang on time which is a worlds first. Well done Rob.

We set off and met Martyn who had travelled up from down south especially for the trip and it was fantastic that he put so much effort in to attend.

The first part of our run, I had planned to follow the coast as much as possible so that we enjoyed the sea views.

Onwards we went to Darlington for breakfast. I was told by the others to speed up as I drive to slow so I clogged on and hit 57mph at one point.

It was nice having the roads to ourselves and Whitby was a breath of fresh air to drive through as it was deserted and lovely and peaceful.....apart from the thunderous roar of our engines. 

After breakfast it was over to Alston to meet Chris and his gang.

The roads were brilliant and I managed to hit over 55mph. 

Absolutely stunning views over the moors with white painted houses dotted around. It must be bleak in winter and they must have difficulty finding the houses in the snow.

You could see the remains of the quarries that had been carved out of the hillsides.

We went through one village and passed a chap on a disability scooter going down the street. it looked like he was only in his underwear.  :oops:

In Alston we met Chris and his gang....what an amazing set of cars they had.

They look so smart together as they are all aero-screened and it was just like been at a trackday.

What is fantastic is that no matter how well used a car is, everyone loves them and they all look amazing in their own right.

We all left together but Chris and his friends went to inspect a road they wanted to try.....shame it was a 14 mile long dead end. [reminds me of the alps trip]

The roads were brilliant and Chris gave us details of a change of route which suited our cars so well. Really twisty roads and lovely views.

Poor Buttercup nearly got wiped out twice. Once by a deer that rain alongside my cycle wing for around 20 seconds and was as petrified as I was, and the second was a couple of minutes later by a tandem.

I went round a corner and the bike was on my side of the road. The fella look petrified and his front wheel was wobbling like crazy. I got passed him but how he did not hit Rob behind me I will never know.

Rob then lead for a while and went at his usual million miles an hour. I tried to get his attention but he was having none of it and he went straight passed the turning. We took the turning and sat and waited....and waited....and waited.

Anyway we all arrived at Kielder castle.

Nice carpark but parking is £4,50 for over an hour. However this does allow you to use the other carparks at Kielder.

Food was very nice and was reasonable so no complaints there. There is quite a bit to see and do at the castle area so thats a trip for another time.

There are also clean toilets here.

We had some good banter between us and it was nice that everyone got on. 

After dinner we all said our goodbyes and headed home.

We passed Hadrians Wall on the way and a lot of roman earthworks and a large roman fort on the hillside.

It was a smashing day and the drive was a mixture of coast, moorland and forestry and it really was lovely.

Thank you to everyone who joined in and below is a video of our day.

I won't apologise for the music as it was all I had that was long enough.

I hope you like it.

• Like 4

excellent video as always,just gutted that I couldn't make it down... this time... and glad you all had a great fun day

excellent video as always,just gutted that I couldn't make it down... this time... and glad you all had a great fun day

Thanks Gary for the nice comments.

It was a really good trip and one I will definitely do again.

• Like 1