Show us how far your 30th Westfield Shirt has travelled !

Thrustyjust

Oi Hurdsey... I thought you said traffic was bad in Monaco? I was 800 meters east of the tunnel entrance when you went through. If you'd have turned left instead of right you were 2 mins from café au lait and a very nice little beach :oops::p

Ooops sorry boss,that's another reason why i hate sat navs.

mine made it to mexico

Photos or it didn't happen. :p

• Like 1

IMG_20161007_124253951.jpg

2 weeks ago, working about 20 miles south of Dubai. There was some heavy rain and it made it difficult to navigate the sand, hence the car being dug out!

I was there at the same time, also working, but I was north of Dubai in Ras Al Khaimah.

Your work looks better than mine.

Lol, mine was supporting a test at jlr, what did you think of Dubai? I saw the migrant worker side as well as the glamour!

I was out there building this,

SAM_3107_zps3rkreq6y.jpg

Working 11 hour days for 6 days in 30+ heat and no air con in the factory. Had one day in Dubai and to be honest wasn't really impressed with it. Went on a boat tour round the marina and to the Palm, which was nice, but the shopping mall could have been anywhere. The Burj Kalifah was impressive, but no sensation of the height even though we were 124 floors and nearly 500 m high it was like being in a plane coming in to land. Glad I went for the experience, but won't be rushing back to the city. There's a chance I might be going again, so on the day off i'd be tempted to do a desert safari and go offroading up the dunes.

I had 16, 10 hour days in a workshop (at least it was air conditioned) and 3 days on the sand. We saw 49 degrees in the desert on calibrated test equipment, although 39 was the hottest out of the desert. The sand testing was excellent as I spent a day riding shotgun with jlr's top driver, thought we'd roll the car (£100k range rover) on several occasions, that day made up for being stuck in the workshop. Had 1 day off (jlr get there money's worth!),and went up the khalifa, was more fascinated by the lift than the view which was obscured by the murky air! Wasn't impressed by Dubai but was glad to see the poverty side. Guy I was with said it reminded him of Las Vegas in the middle East!

All the workers lived on site, at first we were told we would be stopped there too, but we got a hotel 40 minutes away. The factory was in the middle of nowhere on an industrial estate, but there were still people walking around, going into the desert at night.

I thought the lift was an anticlimax too, all that height in about 60 seconds, but no feeling of the speed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably not the furthest travelled, but the highest. 124 floors up, 452m above the ground up the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.

SAM_3137_zpslqpkppta.jpg

SAM_3138_zps80uwl5eq.jpg

I'm gonna blow this one right out of the sky, sorry Robin.

Having a glass of Port in the cocktail bar on an Airbus A380 at 41,000 feet, en route to Bangkok.

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3534.jpg

• Like 1

I'm gonna blow this one right out of the sky, sorry Robin.

Having a glass of Port in the cocktail bar on an Airbus A380 at 41,000 feet, en route to Bangkok.

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3534.jpg

Not having any of this Paul, flying doesn't count. Still think I'm the highest.
  • Like 1

You've got have have photographic evidence Terry

Not having any of this Paul, flying doesn't count. Still think I'm the highest.

Recon it should only count if all travel is by Westfield, as we're a Westfield Club :)