WANTED! Rear Springs for Spax Shocks

Jibberingloon

Anyone got any?

Not sure what lb's but assume it should be around 140-180

Car is 1.6 CVH

Currently running white springs with no markings!........

You need to measure length of springs when shocks fully extended (car jacked up in air)and are they 2.25" or 1.9" internal diameter

Will do that when I get back to the garage on the weekend.....

:down:

Spax are 1.9"

Yes but I just wanted to confirm that

I have a pair of 1.9 200 springs 9 inches extended

Also a pair of 2.25 350 springs 7 inches extended

Numbers

I have the spax shocks with springs that came off my 1990 sei , The shocks aren't great but the springs should be ok if you are interested ?

I have a pair of 175lb x 8 inch, a pair of 160lb x 8 inch and a pair of 125lb x 9 inch all in 1.9"

PM me if of interest

If these are the dampers Westfield supplied would have been part number G948. These dampers where a Westfield only part but not any more.

We never supplied the springs. When I bought my 95 registered sewi the rear Spring where white and 10.5 long and just under 200 lbs/inch.

Now I don't know if all the white springs where the same rate and length! Also 200 lbs is viewed as quite stiff. They probably used a stiffer spring as when they supplied the kits they would not know what your using the car for or how much weight your going to be carrying so a higher rate is the easy option. Where as if your not got a spare wheel, rarely carry a passenger, you don't have a long distance file tank , etc you can use a more comfortable spring. althiugh the spring stiffness it self does not have a huge effect on ride comfort, if the springs stuffer you need to run the damper stiffer which does effect comfort much more.

Hi Geoff,

Let me grab the old ones and I wil check what I need, but the White ones seem to be right!

Thanks

If not DamperMan I will be in contact very soon otherwise ;)

Thanks for all replies

Arncott... My springs are in Bicester :) we're almost neibours :)

Oh.... both so close!

Hmm

choices!

• Like 1

I'm about to advertise some rear (and front) shocks and springs which would be ready to swap over. About 5 years old so plenty of life left in them. Made by AVO. I'm near Reading, Berkshire.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.