Westfield parts shop lost patience no wheels!

Chrisj09

My car has been at its birth place for over 13 months now, having being booked in for a refresh and repairs. 

If I were you I would have been to the factory by now (in fact I would have been to the factory several times :suspect: ). If your emails and phones calls are being fobbed off, it's highly unlikely that they're going to close the doors on you or throw you out - up to you whether you call / email before your visit (I'd send them an email) - are you sure your car is still there (and why is it they're not working on it - is it something serious - can someone else not fix it ??)

Anyway, emailed Vicky yesterday to see if they had a windscreen hood channel - yes, one in stock, phoned and paid so can't complain at all. I know it's not always like this but these guys need some encouragement now and then otherwise they'll be off and it's back to square one again. 

Just an update on my previous post.  Its now 48hrs since I raised a written complaint via the correct channels.  The complaints process promises a reply within 48hrs...

and guess what..........no reply.

I plan to visit the site very soon, and I am sure every one will be very polite and I will be filled with false promises.

P.s. I have thought about grabbing the car back, but I would prefer the experts to sort it out and would also prefer the car back in one piece

OAO for now

Just an update on my previous post. Its now 48hrs since I raised a written complaint via the correct channels. The complaints process promises a reply within 48hrs...

and guess what..........no reply.

I plan to visit the site very soon, and I am sure every one will be very polite and I will be filled with false promises.

P.s. I have thought about grabbing the car back, but I would prefer the experts to sort it out and would also prefer the car back in one piece

OAO for now

What exactly do you want to be done to the car?

That's nothing. I tried to order a Sigma low line sump from Caterham 5 years ago - out of stock

Had an email last moth informing me my order can be processed---I've had a bike engine for 3 years!

• Like 1

That's nothing. I tried to order a Sigma low line sump from Caterham 5 years ago - out of stock

Had an email last moth informing me my order can be processed---I've had a bike engine for 3 years!

At least they never forgot you.

What exactly do you want to be done to the car?

I see that the O/P is in Leicestershire.

Why not take the car to Northampton Motorsport, they aren't a million miles from you, in fact closer than the Westfield factory? They aren't the cheapest, but their labour rates are less than Westfield's I believe, and they certainly know about Westfields. They look after loads of Westfields.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a replacement S2000 radiator on Tue and was told two weeks delivery. E-mail today (Friday) to say it's in WSC and will be with me on Mon. So improvements to lead times do occur also!

update 14th Dec. My celebrations were short lived. It arrived even earlier on Sat, but I quickly discovered it wasn't identical and I can't use it as it stands. I reported this to the factory and I'm still waiting to see how it can be resolved......