Westfield parts shop lost patience no wheels!

Chrisj09

Agree fully Steve, tell it like it is and keep people in the loop, even if it's to say no news yet.

We do have a general problem in the industries serving us, whereby with some notable exceptions, stock levels of what are after all small level runs of unusual parts do fluctuate, and sometimes getting information from all parts of the supply chain can be tricky. At the same time, the big wide world has moved on with communications "speeds" that are hard, sometimes, for very small businesses to live up to: email is a terrible task master. At the same time, Amazon et al haven't just shifted the goal posts with respect to delivery and lead times, they've ploughed up the whole field and built a brand new stadium. Next day delivery sometimes feels like it has become the norm.

Somehow the two worlds have to find a way to meet in the middle. I'm not sure how that will be achieved, but surely it must start with communication.

• Like 1

I think most of it is financial. From Westfield prospective, if they buy a batch of wheels and tyres, they can make more money than just getting a set of 4 by buying maybe 10 sets. They were probably waiting on other orders to get to that batch number. Doesnt help us lot, but guess thats the nature of the beast sadly. I have got a lot of my bits now , but dials and ecu etc are still short, but its not crucial for my build plan , so happy I can now carry on, after my delivery on Thursday this week.

Just a quick update - unfortunately another week has passed with no parts and no timeline for parts to be delivered. I was told at the beginning of this week that the parts department would chase them up and let me know but I never heard anything whatsoever back.

dave

I was thinking of ordering a half roof for my cage that WF sell but I'm fed up with false promises so I don't think I'll bother. :down:

I always wondered why there are (almost) no reviews for anything on their website. So I submitted a (complimentary) review for an item I bought - that review has never shown up either...

So, a call to the factory this week

Me ' so any news on the rest of my bits ? Diff mounts ? Rollbar ? Gauges ? windscreen ? roof ? ecu ? radiator ?, filter kit ?

WSC ' Er, nope . Nothing here, will chase them up'

Its been nearly 3 months in ordering the car . Must admit its not where they used to be and wonder where its going?

Will call Omex on Monday and find out if it is them holding things up, which I am doubting  ???

Unbelievable IMHO. If anyone 'normal' was considering a substantial purchase from them and started to do any research, they'd run a mile!

What a way to run a business.

Sorting supply issues are what sets out the good companies from the bad, and customer communication and satisfaction should be the priorities.

Mart.

With my starter kit due for collection in 6 weeks these increasing number of threads with missing parts and poor service are not filling me with confidence......

Don't worry, it's definitely not a new problem. The car will still be fantastic at the end- just don't set yourself too many time pressures :)

Don't worry, it's definitely not a new problem. The car will still be fantastic at the end- just buy some jigsaws and origami kits , to pass the time waiting for the factory to get the parts  :) 

Modified a bit  ;) 

• Like 2

I've ordered and payed the highspec racing brake upgrade kit. I was told before I placed the order, that delivery will take around 5 weeks, well we are close to 5 month now. :(

I've started to chase it two month ago. Last time I was told they will be with me in a couple of weeks, after a month another chase, no I got told I will take hold of them in two weeks. After reading that thread, I fear I will end up with another month w/o heaving the brakes... 

I need a new tonneau cover. Asked a question via the website....no response yet. Probably better off just going to a trimmer and get one made to measure. It really isn't good enough is it. Such a shame. Still, as already mentioned, it's certainly nothing new is it. Been like this for years and years, although it does seem to get worse as the years roll on.

I've ordered and payed the highspec racing brake upgrade kit. I was told before I placed the order, that delivery will take around 5 weeks, well we are close to 5 month now. :(

I've started to chase it two month ago. Last time I was told they will be with me in a couple of weeks, after a month another chase, no I got told I will take hold of them in two weeks. After reading that thread, I fear I will end up with another month w/o heaving the brakes...

Ask for a refund and then order direct from hispec. As most people say, long lead times are ok if they are accurate but 5 weeks turning into 5 months is ridiculous.