Westfield parts shop lost patience no wheels!

Chrisj09

Try emailing bgray@rimstock.com  (Ben Lansdowne-Gray). I dealt with Ben @ Rimstock directly when buying my wheels a few years ago

This is contrary to my experiences over the last 18 years.

Following my little 'bump' on Friday last I phoned Westfield parts yesterday morning (Monday)

I ordered a new tank plus fittings, a rear fog lamp, a reversing lamp and a number plate lamp.

I was told the fog and reverse were out of stock, 3 weeks wait, ok I can live with that.

This morning (Tuesday) at 10.30am my new tank arrived complete with all fittings, and the fog lamp.

So only the reversing lamp to come.

While I fully understand and sympathise with the op's frustration and others experiences, all I can say is.

WELL DONE Westfield again you've come up trumps for me.

I placed an order with the parts shop directly over the phone some months ago. Payment was never taken (despite sharing my card details) and the part never arrived.

I never bothered chasing as I'd always heard they didn't know their ar$e from their elbow. I've always sourced parts elsewhere ever since.

It does seem like such a simple fix for the majority of issues. Very bizarre and a real shame for the marque i think!

I don't quite know what to make of my experience with the parts shop. I have two items on order - the Honda S2000 throttle body kit and a set of the Nitron shocks. I placed my order the the ITB's in December of last year knowing it would take considerable time to get them and that was OK. We are over 6 months now and it's starting to feel less OK. I know that the parts department can't send me what they don't have and that **** happens and there are delays and I'm fine with that. And of course it's impossible to tell why things are delayed - is Omex late in sending parts for whatever reason, are the parts just sitting on the shelf but for some reason they order hasn't been packed and shipped? A combination of the two?

The Nitron shock order was placed a bit over 8 weeks ago and I was told at that time they were a custom order from Nitron so they would be 3 weeks. Has Nitron dropped the ball, did the parts dept drop the ball getting the order to Nitron, is Nitron super busy and my order has not come to the top of the pile yet, or at the shocks sitting on the shelf at Westfield waiting to be boxed and shipped? There is no way of knowing. FWIW both orders are paid in full.

I will say that my emails have been returned in a very timely fashion and that the people I've dealt with have been exceedingly pleasant.......that said I sure wish some boxes would show up. I ordered everything very early so that I could install them and have the car ready when race season started - but now race season is in full swing and I have no parts.

It can be frustrating at times that is for certain.

dave

Thanks guys for all the replies, I'll will go to Rimstock direct.

With regards to Westfield, the smaller parts I had ordered have always arrived promptly, and parts have always answered my emails, but I have always had to chase my order. My biggest issue is that I've been constantly lied to, if there are issues, then they need to be up front, and not take money for something that they know there not going to deliver even when it's in stock at the supplier.

Anyway good news is I've had my refund so hopefully I'll have a new set of wheels for Monday.

• Like 1

I would say the throttle bodies are a different story & they have only just started coming though from omex I can't comment on the other things, but if they just told you a firm date & they didn't fob you of it wouldn't be so bad.

I would say the throttle bodies are a different story & they have only just started coming though from omex I can't comment on the other things, but if they just told you a firm date & they didn't fob you of it wouldn't be so bad.

I couldn't agree more. I don't have an issue with waiting a long time as long as I know at the onset that I was in for a wait. I placed my ITB order in December last year and was told they they'd be ready February....then March and so on. And about two weeks ago I was told that they had a set on the shelf with my name on them and that they'd be ready to go very soon. So I paid my balance and expected I'd get an email in a day or two with a tracking number. So far no number and no one can tell me when the set with my name on them will ship.

I'm in the business of making expensive stuff that people use for recreation and I very well understand the pressure put on a business to supply goods ASAP - so I try to keep my mouth shut and realize that there's really nothing I can do to make stuff happen more quickly. And then at some point, say when the delivery has taken 3 times the quoted times with no firm end in sight, I stop feeling the urge to stay quiet.

dave

Guys, thanks to everyone that suggested RIM stock direct, I now have a nice new set of wheels within 2 days of ordering, something westfield couldn't supply me in 4 weeks!

• Like 6

I couldn't agree more. I don't have an issue with waiting a long time as long as I know at the onset that I was in for a wait. I placed my ITB order in December last year and was told they they'd be ready February....then March and so on. And about two weeks ago I was told that they had a set on the shelf with my name on them and that they'd be ready to go very soon. So I paid my balance and expected I'd get an email in a day or two with a tracking number. So far no number and no one can tell me when the set with my name on them will ship.

I'm in the business of making expensive stuff that people use for recreation and I very well understand the pressure put on a business to supply goods ASAP - so I try to keep my mouth shut and realize that there's really nothing I can do to make stuff happen more quickly. And then at some point, say when the delivery has taken 3 times the quoted times with no firm end in sight, I stop feeling the urge to stay quiet.

dave

I

The omex throttle bodies ....I spoke to an omex man at the classic motorshow mid November on the burton power stand. I ordered about 2 weeks later and received it a week later. They had tested on a Westfield and they where confident the map would be very close based on the standard 4-1 westfield exhaust. The only specific Westfield part I would assume is the loom lenght and tails.

The Omex bodies for the S2000 are different, with fresh mapping and due to a heat issue with the F20C engine were only ready for release the week before Stoneleigh. The first kit arrived at Westfield the Thursday I think, too late to send out pre Stoneleigh anyway, the next batch of kits started going out after Stoneleigh.

Mapping for the kit only began in December - mine was the development car, so I'm aware of more of the inside track on this one.

It really is a complete mystery what could be the cause of this issue between Westfield and their suppliers.

It can only be money IMO.

• Like 2

The Omex bodies for the S2000 are different, with fresh mapping and due to a heat issue with the F20C engine were only ready for release the week before Stoneleigh. The first kit arrived at Westfield the Thursday I think, too late to send out pre Stoneleigh anyway, the next batch of kits started going out after Stoneleigh.

Mapping for the kit only began in December - mine was the development car, so I'm aware of more of the inside track on this one.

I fully understand this Dave - it makes sense that it would take a good long time to get things just right and I'd much rather wait and have it all ironed out than get it fast and not quite what it should be.

That said - I was told more than two weeks ago that a set was there for me and that they'd get them out. I paid my balance so that wouldn't be the hang up and so far i've heard nothing. This is the bothersome part to me and hard to understand. The tweaking and getting it right I'm happy to wait for but the two + weeks of waiting for the box I'm told was there to be shipped is harder to swallow.

And of course this doesn't address the wait being three times longer than estimated for the Nitron parts with no end in sight.

I'm sure both will be worth the wait and I very much look forward to using them when they arrive.

dave

Hi Dave, I know you're aware of the Omex development history, was just addressing some confusion in the thread that the TB kit might have been an off the shelf kit, back when we originally ordered them.

Ive had mixed experience with the parts shop, ive waited ages for stuff and been messsed around with false promises ect and other times they've been spot on. I run my own bodyshop business and we always try to make sure cars are ready when we say in the first place, and if there going to be late tell the customer a realistic time it will be done and give a truthful explanation why. What i can't understand is why companies lie about when things will be done or when you will recieve items, why not just tell the truth and then you will only be let down once rather than multiple times.

We also deal with rimstock as we are an agent for them, there like the parts shop in some ways, sometimes spot on and sometimes very late with delivery and make false promises, cant see any reason for wheels being late if there in stock though there is normally problems only if wheels have to be made specially or done in a different colour.

• Like 2