Westfield parts shop lost patience no wheels!

Chrisj09

Westfield Sports Cars definitions:-

1/ "We'll ship the item within the next few days" = "We'll ship the item in the next few weeks"

2/ "We'll ship the item within the next few weeks" = "We'll forget about you as soon as we hang up the phone, and you'll have to call again, and we'll apologise again, then either repeat Step 2 or raise you to Step 1"

3/ "We'll ship the item today" = "See Steps 1 and 2"

4/ "We'll ship the item immediately" = "Immediately when we receive it but we ain't gonna tell you that! See Steps 1-3. PS, do you believe in miracles?"

Okay, before anyone starts on me, this is just banter from me and I know that once in a while, Westfield do deliver when they say..

• Like 1

You missed

5/ "We have the item in stock" = "We have never even heard of the item, let alone have them on the shelf"

• Like 1

Well, just rung up to order a locking boot lid (ZK body), got through reasonably enough after perhaps a minute and a half on hold. Obviously as a bodywork item, I expect a longer lead time, so let's see how long it takes!

out of wsc's control ??? .................. I would say not ............. if there is an annual holiday shut down then this should be noted and taken into account with stock being put aside for such instances wherever possible ............. advance orders are taken and due allowance made = good business practice rather than knee jerk panic and reaction

I doubt they were planning on many people ordering electric blue ZK boot lids!

I was warned about the holiday though.

Just ordered some Turbo sport seats (Currently on offer).....approx 5 wk lead time which is fine...Hopefully they will get to me and I'll report back good service.

Paul.

Ok guys, add 6/ "immediately" to the list, meaning "immediately" :)

Just 1 day from UK to germany for my brake hoses, well that was really fast!

The good things that happen should also be pointed to imho.

• Like 3

Ok guys, add 6/ "immediately" to the list, meaning "immediately" :)

Just 1 day from UK to germany for my brake hoses, well that was really fast!

The good things that happen should also be pointed to imho.

That's great news, Seb! Glad you didn't have to wait long! And good to report good news too, for sure!

• 1 month later...

Well, just rung up to order a locking boot lid (ZK body), got through reasonably enough after perhaps a minute and a half on hold. Obviously as a bodywork item, I expect a longer lead time, so let's see how long it takes!

...And collected the boot lid kit this morning.

My original due date was around the end of the second week of September. However the parts dept have been in PM contact at the start of September to advise me that grp was running an extra week behind.

I also last week added a set of cockpit chassis rail covers and radiator brackets, both of which were in stock, and got them to pop them on one side for me. And then this morning, seeing a fellow club member getting a few roof related items, I decided to pick up a new plastic windscreen channel moulding while they had them in.

Had a number of PMs back and forth re the extra bits, arranging collection day etc. The fastest PM reply was in a matter of minutes when I replied to an incoming pm with a question. The slowest was when I PM'd a question after everyone would have left on one day, I think the answer was late afternoon the following day, which to me is an acceptable time scale from someone who isn't behind a desk all day.

It would admittedly, be nicer if the grp shop was faster, but then I'm just glad that old optional extras like the boot lid are still available.

I'd love to know what the figures are like, but apart from Mazda SDV's, it never looks like very many ZK tub based cars are sold now, the FW looks way more popular!

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered some Turbo sport seats (Currently on offer).....approx 5 wk lead time which is fine...Hopefully they will get to me and I'll report back good service.

Paul.

My seats arrived...a couple of wks late, but they were fine and I really like them....

• 1 month later...

I am writing to add to this forum and will be very brief. I will not be naming names etc, in the hope the post will not be removed.

My car has been at its birth place for over 13 months now, having being booked in for a refresh and repairs.  

I have written and called many times to enquire on progress, but unfortunately, I have many unanswered mails and phone calls to and from a number of parties. To make things worse, several promised deadlines have come and gone.

Frustration disappointment is plenty, and if I didn't laugh I would cry!

My car has been at its birth place for over 13 months now, having being booked in for a refresh and repairs.  

:down:  :cry: ................................ :angry:  :swear: ..................You must have the patience of a saint.

Just for balance, I recently ordered an FW luggage rack, FW boot lid and boot lid locks.  The luggage rack was delivered within a couple of days.  The boot lid had to be made and it, and the catches, were sent a couple of weeks later.  No chasing required.

If the stuff's in stock I've found gavin and Vicky in parts great and the bits arrive very very quickly. However if it's something that needs outsourcing or made, forget it. Whatever the lead time is quoted at, double it. At least.

13 months is a lot of patience.