Looking for a Westfield that will scare me!

Sambomonkee

Brackley, so nice and easy for silverstone

You should come along to our meets, not far from Brackley

Details below in my signature strip

Ok think we have come to agreement that works for both parties, a new brake setup is included in the price, which leaves some profit for the dealer.

I agree the electrics need sorting and a new dash speedo etc needs fixing. But it think it has potential

Well done for coming to an agreement, as you've driven it already you'll appreciate the torque and noise!

Looking again at the spec, as stated above it has a cracking engine and drivetrain, I wouldn't mind a T5 box in mine with a long first, as at the moment 1st gear is redundant, i use 2nd to get going, 3rd is a bit brutal for overtaking and needs care not to spin the wheels and into 4th which is good for 25 - 100 mph and sufficient for most overtaking, using 5th to cruise.

Yes quite happy with it, needs some work, but I am a bit of a perfectionist so will get stuff sorted over time, but that's what I like about it, I can work on it, there's room and you don't need 1000s of pounds on diagnostic equipment.

Hope to pick it up in a couple of weeks.

So anybody know a good transport company

You should come along to our meets, not far from Brackley

Details below in my signature strip

That sounds ideal, what do you do if it's raining though??

So anybody know a good transport company

I drove mine home (145 miles), in rain, hail, sleet and snow, first time i'd driven it - it was an experience!

That sounds ideal, what do you do if it's raining though??

Put some waterproofs on! I've also got a V8 which I'm happy to scare you in. Hopefully we'll see you soon.

Yes quite happy with it, needs some work, but I am a bit of a perfectionist so will get stuff sorted over time, but that's what I like about it, I can work on it, there's room and you don't need 1000s of pounds on diagnostic equipment.

So anybody know a good transport company?

You could try Steve at Ambleside Couriers based in Northampton 07709 319163. He moved a car for me and we were pleased with the service and the price.

Il sum up my experience, I have a megabird (little slower than a busa but still sub 4 seconds) and have previously owned a 620hp heavily built Subaru.

The Westfield is an assault on the senses, high revving, very fast and loud. After 90 mph the power tapers off but getting there is an experience.

The Subaru was lightning but controlled, constant torque pushed you back in the seat and you knew you were going fast. It would do 160mph without a worry.

My Westfield is more fun though, with the bike engine soundtrack and being so low to the ground it makes you feel connected to the acceleration. A BEC is something that makes me tingle every time I drive it! Not for everyone but it is for me!

Thanks for all your help guys, and I will probably needs loads in the future, the car is set to be delivered by Steve on Thursday...I bet its raining!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I current have a race tuned Elise, which is fast but I would like a Westfield that would make the Elise seem like an ice cream van.

I have being looking at a seight on autotrader which has 350bhp but I'm not overly convinced it's worth the amount on the asking price, plus it was leaking oil from various places.

So what have you got???

Thanks in advance

Hi

if you're still looking I'm about to put up my 4.0 V8 for sale priced within your budget. Professionally rebuilt and set up by ex Lotus race development engineer. Cost in excess of £20k. Sounds glorious, performance assured, but will tour as well. Last seen at Silverstone Classic. Message me or call 07771 683133 if you're interested.

Cheers Gareth

I'm guessing you didn't read the previous post then???

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.