Looking for a Westfield that will scare me!

Sambomonkee

I current have a race tuned Elise, which is fast but I would like a Westfield that would make the Elise seem like an ice cream van.

I have being looking at a seight on autotrader which has 350bhp but I'm not overly convinced it's worth the amount on the asking price, plus it was leaking oil from various places.

So what have you got???

Thanks in advance

What's your budget? Bike engine or car engine? Track car? Road car? Bit of both?

Hi

Bit of both, I think I will shy away from bike engine ones for the moment, as I don't have experience with that kind of engine.  Budget wise, lets say up to 16k, but I can sell some of the rest of the fleet to increase that budget.

The Lotus gets to 60 in around 5 seconds, Ideally I want to try and get sub 4 (the one i looked at the weekend, is supposedly 2.8 - 60, and TBH it felt very quick but not sure on the build quality) and get that kind of acceleration to 100mph, not really bothered by top speed as it about how you get there.  I also don't want it to be too soft, needs to be good in the corners.

Cheers

Go bike engine, end of

I know nothing about bike engines but my busa car is brutal

x2 for bike engine.... I have a megabusa and the adrenaline rush every time I get in for a drive is priceless. 0-60 in 3.5 ish, corners like its on rails, sound to die for. Suggest you fine somebody local to you and go for a spin.

Ok, megabussa now on the shopping list, I'm in Northants near Silverstone.

Come and say hi at the Northants monthly meet at The Aviator Hotel in Sywell on June the 13th from 19:30 :yes: If the weather is decent you'll be able to see and sample a fair few Westies...

Maybe a bit rarer but don't dismiss a Megablade with a 2008 onwards engine. The Busas are fast but require a 3.14 sierra LSD or 3.21 Freelander LSD for top speed and are usually dry sumped whereas the blade is not

You need to know which blade engine it is fitted with. Older blade engines are only something like 130bhp. Still quick but it's the later blade engine with a lot more power terry is referring to.

Properly set up bike engined car is brutal!

My mate has an xtr2 with tuned busa engine and the way it goes up through the gears is savage!

Also worth trying to blag a ride in a few car engined efforts over 200bhp. I think the 0-60 times are usually more representative of grip at those levels than outright power. Pretty sure mine is no quicker off the line now with 335bhp than it was with 260bhp. Could have done with bigger tyres not a bigger turbo I think :d

Are you happy with spanners? For that budget you could probably buy a more sedate Westfield and make it something you want. If what you want isn't out there.

Deffo need a non carbs blade from 2008 onwards with the slipper clutch fitted as standard. Produces about 175 bhp from a very lightweight car

That one I posted n the link above is apparently a 170bhp, what sort of performance does this give?

Edited by Sambomonkee

Probably close to mine.

Our megabusa is around 175bhp, 520kg (now we have added a cage, 485 ish prior with lighter split rims), sequential 6 speed box, dry sump, slipper clutch, revs to 10500.... If your after even more power you can either supercharge the busa or lots put a turbo on. But as I said earlier 175 bhp and awesome power delivery from the standard configuration is more than enough to assault the senses...

You tube video of ours going up Prescott,

(60 mph under the bridge)

At the end of the day do go to your local meeting and talk to the guys, you generally either like or hate bike engines. We went for the megabusa as we were starting the hill climb scene... You may have seen my article in the wscc mag ....

I would check whether the one advertised is on carbs or fuel injection. Nice looking car bit you need injection

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.