Sprint and hillclimb Westfield

Paul Aspden

Well after much deliberation and with a heavy heart, the time has come to admit I have lost my mojo and as a result, the car can finally go up for sale.

And I mean it this time! I did the trackday at blyton on Friday and enjoyed myself, but the effort to get there is much greater than the pleasure I get from driving.

So, westfield sei wide circa 2004 with the following spec

Carbon panels with the exception of the floor

Super light weight bodywork, with detachable rear arches all fitted such that it can be stripped off the car in less than 10 minutes.

Safety Devices full cage (not thought to be msa compliant, but having seen some of the stuff that plays on the hills and sprints I doubt that scrutineers would notice!)

Grp drivers seat with bulkhead restraint, carbon low back passengers seat

Momo steering wheel

Aim mycron gold LCD dash and data logger

Geartronics gear indicator

Bespoke dash panel

X16xe Vauxhall engine giving 214 bhp on nms rollers,

forged pistons steel rods head ported by Guy Croft, SBD cams, valve springs, followers verniers,

Pace dry sump kit with bespoke high capacity tank

SBD 4 throttle injection kit, with ITG filter

All fuel lines in aeroquip and aluminium tube

Sprint fuel tank and auxiliary track day tank

High capacity pump and filter

Small alternator run from same belt as dry sump system

Ducted radiator (carbon)

Helix 7.25 organic clutch with hydraulic operation

Elite 5 speed sequential gearbox

3.92 LSD diff recently rebuilt

Force racing wheels and kumho tyres

Bespoke light weight wiring harness with mini fuses and relays

DTA P8 Pro ECU with traction and launch control, all wheels have speed sensors

Wunoff exhaust silencer on modified tle manifold

Wilwood front brakes, antiroll bars at both ends

Protec double adjustable dampers all round

Quick rack

Road legal, and will be sold with 12 months Mot.

It's a reluctant sale, as I know once it's gone I will want another one just like it!

Drop me your email if you want images and a video of the body being put on the car

It is really a sprint car, it's geared for sprints rather than hills, but a diff change transforms that, and with the size of the fuel tank it really isn't a road car or distance racer.

Looking for £13500, but in no hurry to sell, and I think i can split the car and get this so not much room for negotiating.

Tel Paul 07973 504785

IMG_20160505_182845.jpg

IMG_20160505_183316.jpg

IMG_20160505_182915.jpg

IMG_20160505_183741.jpg

IMG_20160505_183753.jpg

Edited by Paul Aspden
It's about time
  • Like 1

A fast Westie this!

I've had the pleasure of driving it on track & it thrills :d  :)

Good luck with sale - would love to add it to my garage but not the space or cash :down:

A taster....

13139256_10209283176016677_5486989999307

13124495_10209283176536690_7267377618177

Awesome spec, an amazing sprint and fast road/track car for someone!

And a bargain at that price too. You couldn't build that car for that price or anywhere near it. Good luck with the sale mate.

• 1 month later...

Well having had a fun day at blyton on Friday I have confirmed to myself that the Westfield needs to go. Whilst I enjoyed using the car and it went well, I'm just not getting enough pleasure from it, compared to the  pain I have to go through to use the car. Having a trailer and tow vehicle, over 70 miles away from the car, then living in the sticks means a day off work to sort everything out for a couple of hours fun. 

So someone out there wanting a turn key car to do hills and sprints, need look no further. This car would be ideal in the Javelin series and I'm sure would upset a few higher capacity cars, given its 500kg weight and 214 bhp...

• 1 month later...

GLWS sale Paul, I'm very interested in the best way to make the rear clip and arches removable, do you have a thread running on it anywhere?

Hi Russ. My car has a frame at the rear for the safety devices cage, so quite easy. 

What is would suggest is laminating a tube into the body where you want to cut it, so that once cut you can insert a bar into the tube and form a good joint (Thanks to Derek Hodder for this tip!) 

I then fixed the wings to the rear section and slide clips to the front of the wings which secure the wings to the front tub.

At the back of the body I have slide clips to the lower chassis.

Hope this helps, but if not, come and buy my car, it will save you a job cutting your tub in bits!

I'm in Whitby tomorrow Paul, so I'll pick it up after lunch. 

Typical, I'm off to Essex to pick up a gearbox otherwise you could have had a look at it!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.