Westfield SEIW 2.0 Zetec (Modified) - SOLD

JustCallMeMac

SOLD *** WESTFIELD SEIW 2.0 ZETEC - 210bhp (Modified for fast road and track) *** SOLD

2013-07-01%2009.31.39-1.jpg

It is with considerable sadness that I'm putting my cherished Westfield SEIW up for sale.

Extensively but sensibly developed and modified for road and track use, the car wants for nothing and is ready to go. She is in very good condition and cleans and polishes up very nicely, as the pics indicate albeit she is not a show car and there are a few age-related scratches, blemishes, marks and stone chips, albeit I'm probably being overly fussy as the car gets positive comments regarding her condition all the time!

Detailed spec as follows:

.Registered 1999 (Q plate)

.Fully rebuilt in 2011, as per spec below.

.Colour – Westfield electric blue

.Current mileage – 6344 (as of 29 April 2016)

.MOT - 12 months (passed 29 April 2016. No advisories)

Engine Bay

.2.0 Zetec (Silvertop) – modified
.Eagle H section steel rods, long spec
.Custom JE forged, pocketed, high compression short pistons
.ACL Race bearings

.ARP bolts
.Kent Cams custom spec
.Kent Cams anti surge followers
.Kent Cams VS valve springs
.Kent Cams vernier pulleys
.Custom race cylinder head, ported and polished
.Jenvey 45mm throttle bodies, fuel regulator, linkage and fuel rail
.Jenvey wiring loom, custom fit, no coils
.Jenvey 90mm trumpets

.Bosch 803 Green injectors

.Custom lightened flywheel

.Raceline baffled sump

.Upgraded engine mounts

.Millers Competition 10w/50 Oil

ECU

.Omex 600 fully programmable ECU

Cooling

.Crank and cam breather upgrade
.Hi torque starter motor.

.Radtec aluminium high capacity radiator with cockpit override switch

.Mocal 25 row oil cooler

Induction & Exhaust

.Reverie carbon back box

.ITG Megaflow air filter

.Caterham Race carbon air-box (helps reduces induction noise - useful for tight drive-by limits)
.Full stainless 4-to-1 Simpsons Race exhaust system, polished 7" silencer, 96-98db@4500rpm
.Titanium, non-fade wrap.

Gearbox / Diff / Drive

.SP Comp - 'Rocket ratio' semi helical Type 9, 5 speed gearbox
.Ratios 2.48, (long 1st), 1.61, 1.22, 1, 0.87. (The gearbox is lovely and quiet)
.Custom rose-jointed gear lever
.SP Comp RS2000 bell housing. (Uprated cast version)

.Limited slip differential, freshly built by Phil Jones. (Subaru viscous - 3.92 ratio)
.Beresford bespoke drive shafts

.New clutch and release bearing
.Chards custom prop shaft, built to spec

Power / Output

. NMS set up - 210bhp @ 7489rpm and 163ft/lb torque @ 5673rpm
. Weight (dry) - 545kg (circa 385 bhp per ton)

Note that more power is available by adjusting the cam timing but my focus has been on maintaining reliability, especially when pushed hard on track and in this regard, the car has never missed a beat and not once let me down. Still a highly competitive and enjoyable car at this level of power.

Body

.Electric blue gel coat in very good order. (Albeit, being honest, there are a few hard-to-spot light scratches and stone chips)
.Side panels finned for improved air flow and easy engine access
.Scuttle is quick release in order to access wiring and ECU
.Fluke carbon front cycle wings (with mud flaps to protect from stones)

.Fluke carbon dashboard

,Carbon Mods carbon rear arch protectors
.Carbon Mods carbon aeroscreen
.Carbon Mods carbon kick strips
.Carbon boot box cover
.Rear lightweight diffuser

.M&P small headlights

.Small motorbike indicators
.Raceline rain light (ultra bright LED)
.Full 'Caged' roll cage, FIA approved

Interior
.Interior finished in black, powder-coated aluminium
.Triton race seats, (one-off, custom made in dark blue), on runners (Driver & passenger)

.Schroth Westfield II 4-point harnesses with 3” shoulder & 2” lap belts (FIA/EEC approved)

.Momo suede race steering wheel

.Racetec quick release steering wheel boss
.Digidash 2, Includes mph, rpm, fuel level % plus low-fuel warning, water & oil temp, etc

.Shift–I – progressive shift lights (mounted on top of dash in clear view)

.Bright LED low-oil pressure warning light (dash mounted)
.Push button starter
.FIA kill switch
.Odyssey PC680 race battery (hidden behind passenger foot well panel)

.12v power supply (ideal to run a trickle charger to)

Brakes

.Wilwood 4 pot calipers (front)
.Wilwood Poly A pads (front)

.265mm Rally Design upgrade discs

.Mintex 1144 pads (rear)

.Drilled discs (rear)

.Wilwood brake bias with dual cylinder set up. Adjuster on dash

.Wilwood EXP600 brake fluid
.Brake lines (braided)
.Floor mounted pedal box

I have been through many variations on brakes and pads to achieve excellent performance from cold and solid, fade-free resistance, when hot. Pedal feel is progressive and excellent

Fuel
.Aluminium Westfield injection fuel tank with sump (28 litre)
.Facet fuel pump

.High capacity Sytec injection pump and filter
.Custom swirl pot (never any fuel surge)
.Fuel lines are all braided
.Lifeline electrical fire extinguisher fully plumbed in with independent power supply and 2 discharge nozzles (cockpit / engine bay)

Handling
.Quickrack
.Playskool front anti roll bar
.Avo adjustable dampers (valved to match the car) and springs
.Polybushes all round
.Cat Motorsport wide track suspension
.All new ball joints and track rod ends

.High Spec aluminium front hubs
.Westfield rear alloy uprights

.NMS full geometry set up and corner weighting. Set up for fast road/track

Wheels & Tyres

.Front wheels 13x6" Mini-lights, powder-coated gloss black with 185/60 R13 Yokohama A021R softer compound tyres (Road legal - use in all conditions)
.Rear wheels 13x8" Mini-lights, deep dish, powder-coated gloss black with 205/60 R13 Yokohama A021R softer compound tyres (Road legal - use in all conditions)

Offsets

.Fronts are ET23 and rears are ET-7 

.Wheels fill all arches nicely (Wheels mounted on 5mm spacers all round)

Vehicle location

.Southampton (Note the car is currently SORN)

Many thanks,

Steve

AVAILABLE BY SEPARATE NEGOTIATION.

Spare Wheels & Tyres  (all in excellent condition)

SET 1

.Front wheels 13x6" Super-lights, with polished outer rims, with Toyo R888 185/60 R13 medium compound, semi-slick tyres (Track use in dry / damp conditions)

.Rear wheels 13x7" Super-lights deep-dish, with polished outer rims, with Toyo R888 205/60 R13 medium compound, semi-slick tyres (Road legal / Track use in dry / damp conditions)

SET 2

.Front wheels 13x6" Mini-lights, (replicas), with polished outer rims, with Yokohama A048R 185/60 R13 medium compound, semi-slick tyres (Track use in dry / damp conditions)
.Rear wheels 13x7" Mini-lights, deep-dish, (replicas), with polished outer rims, with Yokohama A048R 205/60 R13 medium compound, semi-slick tyres (Road legal / Track use in dry / damp conditions)

SET 3

.Front wheels 13x6" Mini-Lights, (replicas) with polished outer rims, with Avon CR28 185/60 R13 soft compound, wet weather tyres (Road legal / Track use)
.Rear wheels 13x7" Mini-Lights, (replicas) with polished outer rims, with Avon CR28 205/60 R13 soft compound, wet weather tyres (Road legal / Track use)

Trailer

Brian James Minno trailer with mid-level tyre-rack and storage box in excellent and fully-serviced condition. Note for ease of loading, the bed has been professionally widened to comfortably accomodate a wide-bodied Westfield with a wide-track set up, with plenty of room to spare down each side! The mounting of the tyre-rack and storage box has also been modified to allow additional room for the front of the car when loaded.

W1_1.jpg

JULB9745.jpg

JULB9662.jpg

Westfield%20SEIW.jpg

2014-07-25%2006.38.26.jpg

What a smart car.

Are you sure you cannot keep her.

• Like 1

Refreshing to see such an informative advert.

If I hadn't just spent a small fortune on mine I would've been sending you a pm and hastily putting mine up for sale!

Great spec so wont hang around long I imagine.

Dave

Hmmm, I'm getting to the same spec just a few upgrades behind. Ooooo to jump ahead in time.

If it wasn't a risk of loosing mine, with all the custom work I have done, without getting this I would put it up for sale.

All the best for the sale.

• 4 weeks later...

BTTT

BTTT

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve - please PM me - have a chap who is interested in your car

Wow!

I think you deserve some money for the creation of the perfect advert.

I think you deserve some money for the creation of the perfect advert.

It's almost worth pinning as an example of how to do a really great advert that will help get the most value for your car in the best time.  :t-up:

Many thanks for the kind words about the ad everyone. :t-up:  My view is simply that anyone interested in cars of this nature really should be provided with as much meaningful information and detail as possible because everything contributes to the package and ownership experience. I remember when I was looking for my first Westfield 5 or 6 years ago I became a member on here a good few months in advance to read up and ask questions and that stood me in very good stead when looking for and finally buying the car you see above and developing it since. 

Hopefully a sale is imminent to a friend of a member on here and if it happens he sounds like a thoroughly decent fella. I've also told him how great this club is as well. Will report back if it happens. 

For info and for my sins I've now moved to the 'dark side' but plan to stick around if you'll have me!  :d This is still the best club by far for lots of reasons and my membership fee has been repaid many, many times over!  I'm sure I can count on advice if I ever need it as well.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Many thanks for the kind words about the ad everyone. :t-up:  My view is simply that anyone interested in cars of this nature really should be provided with as much meaningful information and detail as possible because everything contributes to the package and ownership experience. I remember when I was looking for my first Westfield 5 or 6 years ago I became a member on here a good few months in advance to read up and ask questions and that stood me in very good stead when looking for and finally buying the car you see above and developing it since. 

Hopefully a sale is imminent to a friend of a member on here and if it happens he sounds like a thoroughly decent fella. I've also told him how great this club is as well. Will report back if it happens. 

For info and for my sins I've now moved to the 'dark side' but plan to stick around if you'll have me!  :d This is still the best club by far for lots of reasons and my membership fee has been repaid many, many times over!  I'm sure I can count on advice if I ever need it as well.

Thanks again.

:t-up: :t-up:

• 2 weeks later...

Car, trailer, all wheels and spares sold to Gareth & Paul this morning who are currently heading back to Leicestershire, fully loaded.

Many thanks to everyone who expressed an interest.

Steve

• Like 1

Nice one Steve :t-up:

Looking forwards to doing a few track days with Gareth :t-up:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.