R

Edited by ralphy
Updated

• 7 months later...

Still looking!

Thanks

R

Me too.

There was a pair of brackets (not sure what type) left at last years Stoneleigh autojumble ..and didn't get collected. Dombanks has them at the moment..he is posting a picture on the cycle wing bracket thread

I'd already said I'd post them on bollockybills thread before your pm arrived (which has disappeared incidently). so I'll let you know based on what he decides. 

The pic is on that post 

OK.

I don't know how things work here in Parts Wanted but presumably it's not who posted first.

R

Ralphy,

The timeline here is pretty straightforward:

> You posted a wanted ad on 4 April to which no one responded at the time, so the thread slowly disappeared down the list and off the front page and all the way to Page 19.

> Bill posted his new wanted ad Friday night, to which he got a public response on Saturday morning.

> You then revived your ad Saturday afternoon which got it back from Page 19 to the front page.

So Bill got a response first because his ad was current and on the front page, whereas yours was well down the list and completely out of sight.  It pays to keep your ad fresh by bumping it with another post until your situation is resolved.  You're right, it's not who posted first, but keeping the ad on the front page will greatly help your chances - no one is going to do a search through the whole forum section unless they really want to get rid of a part.

Good luck with finding the bits, shouldn't be too hard! :)

Good luck with finding the bits, shouldn't be too hard!

It certainly seems to be. :-(

Thanks for the clarification, Scott.

Still looking.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.