Spectating at Rockingham 20/03?

Quinten

Is it possible at all? Any cost involved? What time does the Speedseries run?

I spectated last year, just drove in and security didn't have a problem.  

• Like 1

After scrutineering and briefing  the practice runs will start around 0900 and then its an all day job

• Like 1

If you are unable to make it to the Rockingham, like I am, Rockingham put up a link to a live timing page on their Facebook, so far, they haven't posted any of the practice times, however I am sure that they will post the 1st, 2nd and if there is one, the 3rd run times.

http://lt2.tsl-timing.com/161181

• Like 1

Surprisingly, John Hoyle is a bit off pace, he's being beaten by Sierra Cosworth!

My son and I did go and watched the two pre-lunch runs of various cars, including the Westies. At one point a red one (sorry, dont know the number) did a spin and we were wondering what happened?

From the looks of the times, it may have been John Hoyle, he got a 110sec run which is upwards of 30 seconds slower than normal.

A (rather ordinary looking) BMW 3 series was in the run after him and had to abort it as he was trying to get out of the gravel/verge. We thought it was something on the track as I could not see any other reason why he went out the way he did...

From a brief conversation with our speed series champ, he managed to back the car slowly into the wall on one run. It has done bodywork damage so he was able to continue his next runs. The spin was due to mechanical, well, electrical problems and subsequent runs seem to have highlighted other mechanical anomolies! Hopefully all will be sorted for Croft.

• Like 1

Tricky day for John after winter fitting a few new goodies which were being a bit temperamental 

He still won his class

Great days sprinting will definitely be doing Rockingham again!

great track and good weather 3 years on the go now