How many moons to build your Westfield?

Kyle

... its constant in my opinion, we just call it something different once its on the road 

• Like 1

It's a starter kit that was bought by someone in 2006, came into our ownership in 2010 it MAY get finished this year. So 10 years since leaving the factory and 6 years respite in our garage, and counting.....

148 days (284 hours) from delivery until it was ready for IVA, it then sat for another 30 days waiting for the date to come around and another 10 waiting for the registration process. 

I did have the aim to get the car on the road before a very close friend become too ill to be able to take a ride, which I just about achieved.

I'd love to build another but this time would take a litle more time.

Ordered My kit May 2014 on the road June 2015. The build itself was around 9-10 months.

Since then it's had a new engine and gearbox plus the carbon fetish Has kicked in!

I picked up a complete kit (well a fair amount of it) on 8 May 12 and passed the IVA on 8 Oct 12 taking ~300 hours to complete - up to IVA. Registered at the Bristol DVLA office (shame it's now closed) within a couple of days and tax disc arrived within the week.

Picked a complete kit up from the factory in July 09,the very next day i had to go into hospital for a planned hernia operation. I droped the van back to hire company on way to hospital,i had to stay in for one night after operation and was up all night reading my build manual :) failed first IVA in Jan 2010,then passed in Feb 2010.

I shouldn't have asked, some of these builds are amazingly quick :cry::d  Some good points raised though, I'm in no rush in isolation I think I just really miss driving a performance orientated/fun/raw car as it's the longest I've been without a second car in 8 years. Working away doesn't help as when I'm home on the weekends I want to spend it with my girlfriend and friends so the car takes second place. I am really enjoying the build though :yes:

18 months or so I think. I only ordered the sierra sdv starter kit so often had to wait for bits as and when I needed/figured them out.

current engine build is slow too due to time/injury issues.

id deffo build another one if I could but I think id be tempted with a different marque

I think I may win this game of 'top trumps'

Sdv kit bought August 2004.......

sierra Stripped / mondeo stripped ( wanted a 2.0 zetec not the 1.8Ohv )

funds / no funds

life

waiting for the right parts on Ebay

3 years in storage

But.... today I am completing my IVA paperwork ready to send in.

I'll be posting photos soon ( be kind ) to see if any of you can spot any potential IVA fails.

I will be on the road this spring !

Ordered the Kit around late 2010, picked up I think early 2011 then passed the IVA early 2013.  House moves, job changes, missing parts etc.. slow things down somewhat. I bet not many people get a perfect run at doing the build. 

So long as you're still enjoying the build, who cares how long it takes. 

I refused to set a deadline for finishing mine and only worked on it when I felt like it, and I'm still convinced that's the best approach.

• Like 1

6 weeks in 1996. Full kit of all new parts, apart from the missing ones  :laugh: .  Received kit at Easter, on road in early June.  

That was mainly over just weekends as well as I was working away from home, but there was 2 of us on the build.

So long as you're still enjoying the build, who cares how long it takes. 

I refused to set a deadline for finishing mine and only worked on it when I felt like it, and I'm still convinced that's the best approach.

I don't think there is any point in setting massive deadlines but for me I like to have some sort of target. its all to easy to let it slip especially if something has broken or missing etc.

My problem is not the wanting to do it more the butt cold garage I don't like being in.