Stoneleigh 2016 General Discusion

Andy Banks

But seriously, the AO display is simply a map of the UK with some name cards, string and drawing pins - if the AO community wishes this to be a more modern, elaborate, or less "knitted" affair, then so be it - job for next year methinks. There are on occasions some Members or potential new members that pitch up and want to know about what happens local to them so if you are around, please let us know so we can point said interested parties in you direction or otherwise arrange to make contact.

I appreciate there are some new AO's around, more than happy to chat as a group or individually on the day if you feel it would help... organise yerslves and come grab me from my beloved beer (or tea if it's before 09:00).

Hello Everyone,

We had a good initial flurry of volunteers which is great news and of course some of the usual suspects are already signed up for which huge thanks and can't wait to say Hi and crack open a few beers together!

It's gone a bit quite this week so I'm posting just to bump this thread and encourage you to get yourselves on the rota to be part of the biggest and best show this year (apart from the other shows we will be doing  ;) ).

Quick update on the marquee

We have about 50% of the volunteers that we need for the weekend. So please don't be shy and volunteer two hours of your time to help the club and make this year the most successful we have had

Thanks for your support

Cheers Ian (Tolf)

• Like 1

Quick update on the marquee

We have about 50% of the volunteers that we need for the weekend. So please don't be shy and volunteer two hours of your time to help the club and make this year the most successful we have had

Thanks for your support

Cheers Ian (Tolf)

I volunteered last year, just for 2 hours. A great opportunity to meet members I had spoken to on the forum, meet some new people and work in a atmosphere scented with 'Eau de burning rubber' perfume ...the westfield experience guys doughnuting cars a stones throw from the marquee.. marvellous :-)

Go on, Volunteer...... you know you'll enjoy it

Tents and camping in general????? Discuss................Im more of your hotel type of guy and in my 45yrs on this planet only had one (bad) experience a tent back in the 80's which was borrowed from the girl guides and leaked, then to add insult to injury my blow up bed had a puncture. So Im up for Stoneleigh as previous stated and also looking forward to a Westfield convoy with the rest of the North East boys, but the tent issue is becoming my nemesis at the minute. My wife and daughter has now officially declined my invitation for them to follow me down, and the promise of  hotel, because she does not want to spend two days looking at cars! (yes I know I should probably get rid of her)

Ive no idea where to start, or what I would need, but the use of a shower is definitely one.  :t-up:

I'm much the same, don't do camping! Last time me & the wife stayed in a tent was at Stoneliegh back in 2004 when I was building my first westy. But I wasn't a member of the club then, I did say never again.

But I'm just going to get a tent & give it a go all in the sprit of the club, you never know & it's only for one night.

But there's no chance in dragging the wife along these days.

• Like 1

The tenting situation is simple at Stoneleigh

For those of you helping, there is an area close to the marquee for tents, very close to the toilets. The showers are in the public camping area which is approx 10 mins walk away across the exhibition ground. The ground is well drained and it does not tend to get very muddy.

If you are arriving on the Saturday, I can help with the siting of any tents for those who are unsure.

Thanks

Ian