XTR2 Trailer Advice Reqd

Malgene

Hi

I am currently rebuilding my XTR2 with track days in mind this year. I have been looking at trailers and suspect tilting bed trailers are the easiest solution albeit I don't want to pay through the nose for one.

I have tried a trailer with long ramps but this is painstaking to say the least (ground clearances etc)

Can anyone recommend a trailer ideal for transporting the XTR2  

Regards

Malgene.

If you get one that is only just big enough you will need to load it backwards so you have some nose weight.

Tiltbed with long ramps is the only way to go, unless you lift the ride height up which if course for a track you don;t want to do. No easy answer I am afraid.

Usual suspect, PRG, Brian James, Woodford all manufacture these.

EBay's a pretty good place to look, it might fit in BeeJay's closed Sprint shuttle and they are cracking trailers, had 2 of them. Only sold when I bought a LeMans type car that was just physically tooooooo big to fit. 

I have a woodford for mine but its 6'6" wide as any smaller is very tight.

I also got (from woodford) some 10' ramps as the standard 6' were too short and scraped the car. The ramps still slide into the 'ramp area' and I don't have any problem loading.....as long as I have the extra space for the 10' ramps.

Its not a tilt.

I load mine forwards and still manage to get enough weight over the nose. BUT I do have to cover the wing up.

Chris

Forgot to say it's a double axle.