Stopping Harness Flapping

KugaWestie

If I did go down the velcro route, I'd look at something like a pair of these (harness shoulder pads) in an appropriate colour rather than a Blue Peter effort.

pads_zpsrzpnlwvo.jpg

I use electricians tape around the belt, with the sticky side attached to another round of tape...  It's harder to explain than it takes time to make ;)  You basically create a loop of tape around the belts and it can slide up and down, or remain in situ.

Halfords sell 1" wide Velcro on a roll. I have 3" straps so cut lengths to suit. They are fully adjustable if needed ( which they need to be for different passengers) and they look as if they were meant for the straps as they blend in perfectly.

I didn't like the idea of gluing and what it might to to he webbing so opted for 1in wide black fabric elastic (dress making stuff) and made some loops slightly smaller than the belts so it was a snug fit = result  :yes:

Do you have any 'tags' (with an FIA date, for example) on the harness? If yes, you can use press studs. One in the tag, the other in the 'free' end of the harness (ie. not in the area that's ever under any load).

Hard to explain, but works a treat - I'd grab a photo if my car was still here but alas I can't...!

I use electricians tape around the belt, with the sticky side attached to another round of tape...  It's harder to explain than it takes time to make ;)  You basically create a loop of tape around the belts and it can slide up and down, or remain in situ.

I have to admit that's what I do, for the drivers side. 

- Drivers side doesnt move a lot as its only normally me, so just depending on which coat I have one!

- Passenger has their arms/hand free to re-tuck and or hold the straps if required while driving.

I was thinking about trying some of these

Oooo, poshh!

Daniel

elastic bands?

Cant get them on, unless you unbolt the straps from the car. I know its not hard, but also...

I use hair bands on mine, I got a pack of twenty from the pound shop. Got some funny looks when I bought them, seeing as I'm bald.

Take it easy

Graeme

Thanks for all the ideas, I will be trying a few

I have just made a test one with what was available in the house... Elastic is the way forward I think. It took 5 minutes to make and holds tight.

3C811ED9-16B7-44E7-A7B3-8428C9B5F789_zps

• Like 1

If you leave then flapping you could always bite down on them when it gets a bit scary  :angry: