Insurance - who is best?

AndrewBClarke

We'll have to say, so far so good.

Adrian Flux passed me on to their claims management people, who have been courteous and informative. They then passed me to the repair company once the stolen car was recovered, who have acted likewise.

Only downside is the courtesy car (which is a turquoise Citroen Cactus) but to be fair that's maybe a Marmite thing. Me, I despise it, but my neighbour said "ooh maybe they'll let you keep it". No accounting for taste.

• 1 month later...

We'll have to say, so far so good.

Adrian Flux passed me on to their claims management people, who have been courteous and informative. They then passed me to the repair company once the stolen car was recovered, who have acted likewise.

Only downside is the courtesy car (which is a turquoise Citroen Cactus) but to be fair that's maybe a Marmite thing. Me, I despise it, but my neighbour said "ooh maybe they'll let you keep it". No accounting for taste.

I think I agree with shooting, its the only way to be sure.

Just ran the gauntlet on insurance myself for my hopeful purchase this week of my first Westy and the results were:

48 year old man, car housed in private lockup, 2000 miles a year, fully comp.

Adrian Flux £129

A-Plan £142

Footman James £146

So not much in it, to be honest. In an accident I have used Europa Consultants as they manage the insurance companies on both sides and vigorously defend your interests, while providing a like for like courtesy car all at no charge. I would struggle with dealing direct, I find the claim side of the business even more riddled with trapdoors than the premium side. I was tipped off by my local garage who uses them all the time for long term customers and it has been quite an eye opener into that industry. Maybe on another thread I could expand, sorry for the drift.

Well, at least you know that with a Cactus, the pr*cks are on the outside. :d

I had my Seight insured with Adrian Flux when I bought it 2 years ago, then I moved to A Plan as they were cheaper last year.  This year the A Plan renewal was about £30 more than Adrian Flux, but the A Plan insurance was with Markerstudy, who has had some horror stories spread over the internet so I went with Adrian Flux. 

Insurance brokers need to up their game if they think we are just going with repeat renewals or just the cheapest.  I have the same problem insuring My Suzuki Hayabusa, they think they can slap £100 on just like that at renewal time, so I ring round and get it cheaper again.......

Jas

I totally agree. I've lost count of the times insurers come back with a "revised quote". even if it is cheaper than what I've paid elsewhere I won't go back out of pure principle. my AF renewal was £99 more expensive than my current policy. no-brainer Vote with your feet

Agreed ;)

If a company revises a quote, then they don't deserve your business.  They should provide you with their best quote every time.  Not how much they can screw you for!

It's not just the price of the premium to consider, you have to consider how they will deal with your claim should you be in that unfortunate position! Saving £10 or £20 is no big deal if when you need to claim, all you get is grief!

• 3 weeks later...

If a company revises a quote, then they don't deserve your business.  They should provide you with their best quote every time.  Not how much they can screw you for!

Very true,

- I also have my windscreen replaced on the tintop, and where last time is was £40 excess and no more, this time it was £75 excess and a loss of that years ncb increase.

Daniel

Try to find a broker, it s the best way, well according to me there is no cheap insurance, they can all be good and bad at the same time, it depends on ur situation: life, age, car, the place you live etc, check this thread about car insurance quotes