garytipping

Pre Lit Ally bodied - Build Thread

Fitted one rear arch complete with inner wing lights, and I've fitted the IVA compliant fog and reverse. once the arches are painted I'll be fitting wing piping between the GRP and aluminium.IMG_2371.thumb.JPG.88ca686d6a921f8dda9ee0591d2eaef5.JPGIMG_2372.thumb.JPG.b778246fcd1772b9db465ccae5af9a12.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin (Mr T) - Essex AO said:

Looks fantastic!

Ditto, coming along beautifully!

Nice product placement of the key ring, too!

Its fantastic to know we’ve got so many pre-lits safe in the hands of people determined to make them shine.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Its fantastic to know we’ve got so many pre-lits safe in the hands of people determined to make them shine.

Or, in my case, matt :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks to Chris @CL290005 and Mark @carbon-nv from this great Westfield community I now have two boot boxes!

They are going to need much modification to fit the live axle pre lit, but with bits of both I can make it work.

let the pink dust begin.

On 15/11/2017 at 07:59, Kevin (Mr T) - Essex AO said:

Or, in my case, matt :laugh:

It’s a good job I’m no longer in power or that pun would have deservedly been punished! :d

• Like 2

10 hours ago, garytipping said:

Thanks to Chris @CL290005 and Mark @carbon-nv from this great Westfield community I now have two boot boxes!

They are going to need much modification to fit the live axle pre lit, but with bits of both I can make it work.

let the pink dust begin.

looking forward to seeing the finished article

• Like 1

Made a start on the boot box by cutting around the 'obstacles'. I now plan to bond in a step over the fuel tank and cover the fuel pipes.

I've made up some aluminium brackets to support the box just under the top chassis rails, so more cutting to do tomorrow to allow the box to drop in.

Luckily I have a second box, whichIMG_2374.thumb.JPG.10e607e9d62ebfdb56b6ebc8cf642109.JPG I should be able to cut out most of the bits I want from.

• Like 3