Christmas run to the coast

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

Just a bit jealous...

You should have come Martin, we had good weather and a good run out.

There's always next year.

Yes, brilliant day, even though I only made the afternoon!

One Westy causes a stir, but 6 or 7 together was awseome. Good to meet all you guys.

• Like 2

Great run guys thanks  :t-up: 6 layers was just enough  :laugh:

It seems as though we picked probably the best day of the holidays.

We started bright and early with a 10 o'clock meet at the Fox and Grapes, I was there first and joined by Marcus then Barry and Andrew. Geoffrey and his daughter, Maria arrived shortly after with Rob in his MegaBlade.

SAM_2857_zpsqiyieuhw.jpg

As they had made it from the East Coast via Stamford Bridge without getting stuck in any floods we set off. Traffic was good until we got to the river at York when it started to get a it heavier, but it was only people rubbernecking at the flooded river. Heading into Stamford, you could tell it had been under water with debris on the road and water flowing along the kerbside. We made it to Fridaythorpe for  coffee at the café and also to meet Roger, Talk-Torque, but the café was closed and Roger wasn't there. A misunderstanding as to where we were meeting. We waited a while then moved on to Filey.

Traffic was heavy in the town, so instead of going to see the sea, we went straight on to the car park and parked up with Mike who had come up from the Driffield area,

SAM_2859_zpstqe1ndvx.jpg

First thing was to find the loo, but the nearest were closed, so we walked down past the Yacht Club, past the chip shop on the Coble Landing and on to the nearest toilet. Suitably relived, back to the chippy where we were joined by Roger. That made 7 Westfields then 6 when Barry and Andrew left for home, and then back to 5 as Mike also left. But not for long, Rob's brother Russell lives nearby, so off we went to his house to see if he was coming out to play.

SAM_2862_zpsgxnrnr1c.jpg

SAM_2861_zpstinkjpc2.jpg

Back up to 6 and off to Scarborough and the seafront café. Traffic was busy, but Robs Fireblade in front and Russells Duratec coughing and spitting behind me made things interesting.

SAM_2864_zpsc9rrrjeu.jpg

Normally I'm the only Orange car, but we had 3 today. We also nearly had to drag a couple of kids out of Russell car, but before I could get over the wall, Their Dad pulled them out.

It was starting to get dark now, so Marcus and I decided to make a move for home, Driving through Scarborough felt a bit Italian Jobish. but 6 Westfields couldn't get through the traffic like 3 Mini Coopers. A quick fuel top up and we were off for home, and as it had been good weather, the A64 was bad, nose to tail from Malton to York.

So a good day out, last one of the year and looking forward to next year.

• Like 1

Robin, the video is 'private'. Have you put one of the other type on by mistake? Julie

Don't know Julie, I can see it ok.

I have subscribed to you on YouTube and now it lets me see it - Eureka.

I was looking forward to the climax of that video, Robin, right up to the point where it ended!

The other paticipants will know what I mean! That's me in front of Robin, wondering where we are going.

I was looking forward to the climax of that video, Robin, right up to the point where it ended!

The other paticipants will know what I mean! That's me in front of Robin, wondering where we are going.

SSccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Its a secret.

Great write up Robin.

Here are a few pictures I took of the day.

IMG_4126_zpsiapg0o5j.jpg

IMG_4132_zpscxidcjxv.jpg

IMG_4138_zpsdgzojpg6.jpg

IMG_4152_zpssr30penw.jpg

IMG_4170_zpsfi0bazmq.jpg

IMG_4192_zpsxkxyaova.jpg

IMG_4195_zps0cgt2yxf.jpg

IMG_4196_zpsa1sjslvu.jpg

IMG_4212_zpspzwkcac5.jpg

• Like 2