RIDE ON THE FLYING SCOTSMAN. 12 - 20 MARCH. NYMR RAILWAY

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Hello.

I have just booked my tickets to ride on the Flying Scotsman.

I was hoping to organise something for a WSCC visit but the seats are going fast.

I have booked two tickets for the 13th March at 9.30am.

Grosmont where you get on the train is about one hour from York by car.

Here is the link.

http://www.nymr.co.uk/special-events/flying-scotsman/

Not sure if any of us can get together in the afternoon for a run out or dinner after going on the train.

Flying_Scotsman_in_Doncaster.JPG

Thanks for the replies men.

RUSS.

Don't look at it as £38.00 for a ticket.... Look at is as a cheap day out.

Take a picnic and see what you can do to not spend any more money.

It really is a lovely train ride and it is worth the money.

Thanks for the replies men.

RUSS.

Don't look at it as £38.00 for a ticket.... Look at is as a cheap day out.

Take a picnic and see what you can do to not spend any more money.

It really is a lovely train ride and it is worth the money.

Agreed, but its £76 for the two of us - I've got a woodstore to buy!!

mmmmmm.

Tell the Mrs to get a part time job.........

Not sure how that would go down.

• Like 1

Seats are going pretty quickly as I have had a look this morning.

If anyone wants to go I would not leave it too late to buy your tickets.

Seats still available.

60103 FLYING SCOTSMAN ACROSS THE MOORS
Saturday 12 March 2016 departing GROSMONT at 1230

Sold out! There are no tickets available.

Sunday 13 March 2016 departing GROSMONT at 1230

Tuesday 15 March 2016 departing GROSMONT at 1230

Wednesday 16 March 2016 departing GROSMONT at 1230

Thursday 17 March 2016 departing GROSMONT at 1230

Saturday 19 March 2016 departing GROSMONT at 1230

A rare opportunity to travel over the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors behind the world famous locomotive number 60103 "Flying Scotsman".

Following completion of the locomotive's extensive overhaul, and now resplendent in BR Brunswick Green livery, 60103 will be hauling 3 special services on each operating date, with each train running a full round trip Grosmont-Pickering-Grosmont. The locomotive will run boiler first to Pickering, and then in reverse (tender backwards) on the return journey to Grosmont

ALL TICKETS ARE SUBJECT TO THE SPECIAL FLYING SCOTSMAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS. PURCHASE OF TICKETS CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BUT SHALL NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS. PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING TO MAKE A BOOKING - Flying Scotsman Terms and Conditions

The special trains will run on 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 19 and 20 March 2016, departing Grosmont at 0930, 1230 and 1530. Each full round trip to Pickering and back will take around 2 hours 30 minutes.

The train coaching formation will be lettered A through F, with coach A nearest the locomotive as the train leaves Grosmont. Returning from Pickering, coach F will be closest to the locomotive. Please note that additional coach(es) may be attached to the train on some dates, at either end of the train, which means that coach A or F, as appropriate, may not be the leading coach for that journey. All coaches have standard seats - there are no 1st class seats available.

The adult return fare is £38.00 per person, and £25 for each child aged 3-15 inclusive. A child aged under 3, sitting on an adult's lap, does not need a ticket and can travel for free. There are no concession fares and no dogs allowed.

NYMR members, and working staff/volunteers should not book online and instead should contact Customer Services on the general number 01751 472508 then *242 to make a booking. NYMR membership numbers will be required in all cases, at the time of the call, so please have details ready. 

Any passenger requiring wheelchair/mobility scooter access to the train, via the onboard ramp, MUST advise the Railway of this requirement in advance. We strongly recommend that you make the seat booking via telephone through Customer Services in these cases, rather than booking online.

• 2 months later...

When I first saw the thread title I wondered which Scottish member was offering to be ridden.

Jealous, riding behind that engine is a very special treat. Anyone who thinks £38 is steep hasn't taken a rail journey lately...or should I say a replacement bus journey.

• Like 1

..... Anyone who thinks £38 is steep hasn't taken a rail journey lately...or should I say a replacement bus journey.

My thoughts exactly.  And for that you get a return, it'll be on time and the staff smile  :)

I received an email today that stated the following.

What a great offer if you like trains.

Extend your Flying Scotsman visit! 12 – 20 March 2016

** Please note that all Flying Scotsman Tickets are Return Tickets from Grosmont to Pickering and back! **
** This is an optional additional Pickering to Grosmont Return Ticket **

You have already got your return tickets to travel behind this famous locomotive from Grosmont to Pickering, but why not extend your day out by taking advantage of this great offer:

A Pickering to Grosmont return travel ticket, valid on the day of your Flying Scotsman visit,
for only £10 per Adult or £5 per child.*

This offer is exclusively available for Flying Scotsman ticket holders only!

For example: If you have a ticket for the 1230 Flying Scotsman departure, instead of travelling to Grosmont and parking your car there, you could park at Pickering and purchase a ticket to travel from Pickering to Grosmont on the 0940 service, watch Flying Scotsman pass you at Levisham and be in Grosmont nice and early to prepare for your already booked return journey behind the famous locomotive herself and when you get back to Grosmont at 1500, you will have the choice of two other services (1620 or 1820) to return back to Pickering.

• 3 weeks later...