Racing a Westfield?

Terzo204

Not messing! Absolutely fine.

It's going nowhere. I moved to a underneath nose number plate after getting it.

David - can I have the tow eye from you please?

PM me the cost and how you wish to be paid etc.

Don't suppose you have two do you!?

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

- Steering lock now 'rendered inoperative',

- Fire extinguisher fitted

- 2 litre catch tank fitted

- Stickers added

- Tow eyes fitted

I Just need to fit my ARB's (awaited from Playskool) and get my second kill bought and fitted. Helmet and Hans to buy at the Autosport Show in Jan.

I also want to adjust the position of my pedals to make heel and toeing easier. That's going to be fun.....Any advice welcomed. I need to tweek the position of the brake pedal as it's too high so I'll have to cut a bit off of the thread from the master cylinder.  

Mike

Which pedal setup do you have? Can you just bolt a sheet of ali to the throttle instead, or change it starting position?

Bottom hinged...if that makes sense Adam.

The throttle positon is ok I think, it's the brake that too high. I had the master cylinder replaced and it's got a thread that too long onto the pedal I think

I was hoping come a see you in the new year by the way. I need to get my setup checked and ARB's given the once over.

It does. Makes sense to do it that way round from what you've said, definitely  :t-up:

Sure, just let me know, can be free pretty much whenever. Looks like you're quite a way away, so if you need somewhere to kip over (and maybe tie it in with a track day, if you want) you're welcome at ours :yes:

Thanks Adam. That's a kind offer.

I'm collecting the car from BLINK in Feb so I thought I would swing by your workshop after that so it's not such a drive. I don't know the dates yet but I would like to reduce the ride height, check spring rates and set up the ARB's. I may also need to slightly adjust the headlight brackets if I reduce the ride height as they may well foul on the wishbones afterwards if I don't. I guess from your blogs that you like a bit of welding!?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is a half tonneau worth considering when I have a full width aeroscreen? One of these: 

'A few tenths a lap' is definitely talking my language Adam!

So where do I get my 'curtain'!

Half doors presumably a different conversation? Too much time over the closed season to think about these things!

• 4 weeks later...

Right that's it, just paid my membership to join CSCC and race the Westy in the Mag 7 series this year. Suppose I better finish the car!

Glad to hear that iowlee.

I still need to do a few bits to mine as well. Update to follow!