Racing a Westfield?

Terzo204

Be good to see another Westfield out in CSCC Mag 7s, it is a very friendly series.

We mounted the fix extinguisher on the passenger footwell, front and rear two straps were mounted onto two fabricated plates to keep them secure. Thankfully they haven't been needed this year ;)

Thanks Rich. I think the footwell is the way to go. Should still provide enough room for the passengers feet for when I do a track day.

Do they insist on tow bars in the CSCC?

http://s245.photobucket.com/user/iowlee/library/goodwood%20sprint%2017%20Oct%2015

I am looking to do mag7 next year and i have fitted tow straps on front cross member and attached to the front grill (for the moment, as may move it) by velcro strap passing under nose cone. The rear is on rear cross member coming out of back of car, again velcro strap through the spare wheel carrier hole.

I have mounted fire extinguisher (electric one so no protruding handle or cables) in passenger side footwell running front to back as close as i could get it to the tunnel, about 1/2 way down. Can easily get passenger seat and passenger in.

You should be able to see from the pictures in the above link of the straps. I bought the longer adjustable ones as the standard short ones don't reach.

Lee

Thanks Rich. I think the footwell is the way to go. Should still provide enough room for the passengers feet for when I do a track day.

Do they insist on tow bars in the CSCC?

Tow straps yes, we got held up scrutineering at Oulton Park as the front strap was still cable tied up out of the way after we'd had the nose cone off.

I'm looking in group one. Is the bhp at the flywheel or wheels for the category's?

http://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/sites/default/files/2015%20Magnificent%20Sevens%20Group%201%20Regulations.pdf

Flywheel. 

We started the year in group one, but then after the engine let go at the first race, went back into group two with a much more powerful engine.

• Like 1

Hopefully we can have a proper Westfield contingent next year then. I'll only be doing select rounds as I also want to race at Coombe.

I think ill be mounting the extinguisher like you have suggested iowlee. 

I'm still undecided on tow eyes but theres a few options there. Thanks gents.

Hopefully we can have a proper Westfield contingent next year then. I'll only be doing select rounds as I also want to race at Coombe.

I think ill be mounting the extinguisher like you have suggested iowlee. 

I'm still undecided on tow eyes but theres a few options there. Thanks gents.

If I get chance to get out tomorrow I will take a picture and show you. I was superbly impressed by the compactness of the electronic one. Also by the weight of it, it was way lighter than i thought.

I have already bought the manual one iowlee but like you, ill mount it parallel to the transmission tunnel I think.

A pic of the tow eye would be really useful as well.

ioelee, which model electronic extinguisher do you have? I've only seen the mechanical ones.

my extinguisher is in the engine bay, as im bike engine, plenty of room

• 4 weeks later...

A few questions before I work on the car tomorrow:

Does anyone know if you need to have two pull handles for the extinguisher for an open car? I.e one to be operated by me and the other by the marshal? Reading the blue book its not entirely clear (to me anyway...) I think I need both

Also, does anyone know what socket I need for removing the steering lock from the column? Mines from a Sierra