Westfield Sprint Car - SOLD

stephenh

Congratulations on the sale, but a somewhat bitter sweet moment? Or are you all past that and on to the Eleven now?

You can tell us who has bought it now!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks muchly Dave. The funny thing is I managed to do it for my post re selling my spare sprint wheels! Why couldn't I do it again? Probably an age thing.

Terry, and any others interested, the buyer isn't the person who originally expressed interest, so I won't name him. The buyer is from Oxfordshire, and is a keen trackday man, so he has bought it as "the ultimate trackday machine!" However, I've got him thinking seriously about having a go at sprinting in the speed series, where I guess he would qualify as a novice, so class B initially. I've warned him to wait and see as to buying new tyres, and he is following that thread. As he isn't one of the speed series regulars, yet, it isn't for me to name him, and you wouldn't know him.

I hope the car does end up being sprinted again in the speed series sooner or later. I may be weird, but I'd feel more sad if the car was no longer going to be seen in the speed series than actually seeing the car leave my home and ownership. I spent so much time and planning into turning the car into the competitive sprint machine it is. In fact, nothing would please me more than to see a faster driver than me really get the best out of the car, in the speed series.

And yes, Dave, I am thinking very much about my next car. I hope Simon isn't on holiday or off for some other reason next week, as if he is at work he can expect a call from me on Monday, and a visit later in the week!!

Will you still be able to get an X1 if the factory sells up?

Would be nice to see it still competing in the speed series

Will you still be able to get an X1 if the factory sells up?

I don't think that is the problem, Terry. I'm more concerned about who has the chassis jigs!!

I'd be surprised if a buyer of the business didn't want to continue offering XI kits, I think there is plenty of added value for the factory, and unless I'm very much mistaken, the XI was actually the original Westfield. So quite an iconic car.

Congratulations Stephen, pleased you have sold it and can now move on to the next project.

There were a couple of nice xis at the factory today ready for iva. Also a chassis prototype with an all new engine gearbox option

Congrats on the sale.

Whereabouts in Oxfordshire has it gone?

Is it a club member?

A club member, but not for me to reveal his identity! I'm hoping he'll take the plunge and have a go in the Speed series. That would be a serious car for class B next year!

Well, I don't want to be known as the "mystery buyer" forever so I can confirm that I bought the car from Stephen.  I currently have a 2.0 Zetec which is now for sale on the site. I have attended a few WSSC events such as a track day at Silverstone earlier this year and a Cotswold run with the N. Oxford section, although I can't generally make the meeting nights as these clash with a Flying Club Club Committee meeting I am Secretary for.

The car is a credit to the careful development Stephen has put in to it and I had the most fantastic first drive out in it today on one of my favourite circular routes over the 'downs' South of Wantage.  I can comfortably say it is the quickest car I have owned* and I look forward to learning how to get the best out of it.  (*Previous cars include a couple of E34 M5's, 944S2, plus earlier Westfields.  I also have a Ducati 996 and it feels about as quick as this!)

I try and combine Westfield ownership with my other hobbies and I have been flying radio control 'discus launch' models competitively.  I have been in the GB team for the past 3 years and took part in the World Championships in Croatia this year (a 3 week trip via Austria and Slovenia in our motorhome).  

My plans are to ease off the competitive flying and spend more time focussing on trackdays and the Westfield.  This is something I can do with my youngest Son (a keen petrolhead with a MK1 MX-5 and KTM motorbike).  Once I feel comfortable with the car I would love to try some sprints, so although I won't be jumping in with both feet in 2016 it is a distinct possibility in the future.....

I have already booked Abingdon for the 13th November so hoping it stays dry for a proper 'familiarisation'  ;)

Simon.

• Like 1

Well, I don't want to be known as the "mystery buyer" forever so I can confirm that I bought the car from Stephen.  I currently have a 2.0 Zetec which is now for sale on the site. I have attended a few WSSC events such as a track day at Silverstone earlier this year and a Cotswold run with the N. Oxford section, although I can't generally make the meeting nights as these clash with a Flying Club Club Committee meeting I am Secretary for.

The car is a credit to the careful development Stephen has put in to it and I had the most fantastic first drive out in it today on one of my favourite circular routes over the 'downs' South of Wantage.  I can comfortably say it is the quickest car I have owned* and I look forward to learning how to get the best out of it.  (*Previous cars include a couple of E34 M5's, 944S2, plus earlier Westfields.  I also have a Ducati 996 and it feels about as quick as this!)

I try and combine Westfield ownership with my other hobbies and I have been flying radio control 'discus launch' models competitively.  I have been in the GB team for the past 3 years and took part in the World Championships in Croatia this year (a 3 week trip via Austria and Slovenia in our motorhome).  

My plans are to ease off the competitive flying and spend more time focussing on trackdays and the Westfield.  This is something I can do with my youngest Son (a keen petrolhead with a MK1 MX-5 and KTM motorbike).  Once I feel comfortable with the car I would love to try some sprints, so although I won't be jumping in with both feet in 2016 it is a distinct possibility in the future.....

I have already booked Abingdon for the 13th November so hoping it stays dry for a proper 'familiarisation'  ;)

Simon.

Good Luck Simon

That's a cracking car you've bought there  ;)  hope to see you at a SS event sometime next year  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Oh and  :ww: to the club

Martin

• Like 1

Excellent Simon!

That is a serious car you have bought there.

I hope to get to look at it sometime on a trackday or a run out

Gary

Hi Stephen

I  know you wanted to sell it and well done for that but I am equally disappointed that you and Mrs H may not be around the "circuit" as much for a while! 

Don't forget you both have an open invitation to the Annual Gluten Free Dinner anytime (Assuming I am still allowed to run it in the future)!

If any of the current speculation has any foundation please be careful about the size of your down payment on the new one!

One smitten twice shy!

Best wishes to you both

Graham aka Glutey

• 3 weeks later...

First track day with the new car!  Very quick even when driven at 8/10ths and it left a very big smile on my face.  The red Westfield in front for the first couple of laps was a supercharged Duratec with similar power output.

Video here:-  

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.