Stoneleigh 2015 - The feedback thread

Andy Banks

Could we have a photo wall set up in the tent and put the competition winners and calendar photos on it, it would provide a bit more visual interest for visitors to feast on.

• Like 3

Great idea Pete :)

• Like 2

Great idea Pete :)

Better still, use some of the photos previously submitted for the magazine, showing Club members, cars, picturesque shots from blats .. images that make us an inclusive and friendly club.

would you like me to run a cider festival in 2016 ?

would you like me to run a cider festival in 2016 ?

:yes: :yes: :)

How's about every member who attends in their kit car goes into a draw for £50 voucher courtesy of Westfield Sports Cars. (Helpers get two entries)(& both days two entries)

• Like 2

I thouroughly enjoyed helping out for a couple of hours with the refreshments stall on Monday.  Talking Westfields with helpers and guests was a real pleasure.  The "left luggage" service was really helpful as I accumulated carrier bags of purchases and brochures during the day).

Looking forwards, there are some great ideas such as better badging, picture wall, Q and A forms on the cars.  Regarding noise testing, amongst other things in motor sport, I am an MSA Environmental Scrutineer so could easily bring along Oxford Motor Club's meter and carry out tests as required.  It will easily fit in the footwell of my Eleven - which will be finished and at Stoneleigh next May!

Huge thanks to the many people who put far more effort into the weekend than I - to make it all possible, impressive ad welcoming.

• Like 5

It seems that the WSCC Club contribution gets better every year. Well done to Andy and Ian for all the hours spent on the initial preparation and running of the stands.

I was asked by several people about trying to sell larger items that wouldnt perhaps fit on the autojumble tables. The items mentioned were wheels, engines, gearboxes and chassis frames to mention a few. Would a supplement noticeboard area to the autojumble area help . This could include photographs and details of the items with contact references for potential buyers to follow up as with the jumble.

It may include some items on the Club Forum Parts For Sale but does that matter?

It seems that the WSCC Club contribution gets better every year. Well done to Andy and Ian for all the hours spent on the initial preparation and running of the stands.

I was asked by several people about trying to sell larger items that wouldnt perhaps fit on the autojumble tables. The items mentioned were wheels, engines, gearboxes and chassis frames to mention a few. Would a supplement noticeboard area to the autojumble area help . This could include photographs and details of the items with contact references for potential buyers to follow up as with the jumble.

It may include some items on the Club Forum Parts For Sale but does that matter?

I let somebody put a very well presented A4 sheet of paper with a typed description and photos for a covered trailer on the table, just applied the same principal as if it was a car part. This could be the way forward for larger items?
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Inclusivity is the word -- in the Cotswold area we positively encourage other kitcar make owners to join in -- assuming we believe that Westies are the best value for money for performance we have nothing to fear, just lots to gain.

Great organistion by Andy and the team with the best show at Stoneleigh--long may it continue

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I just had a quick read of most of the posts.... One that grips me most is the mobile rolling road..... I'd pay to get the ASBO on one.... And what better crowd puller than a screaming motor on a dyno?

Got to be worth exploring....

Nem.....

So I just had a quick read of most of the posts.... One that grips me most is the mobile rolling road..... I'd pay to get the ASBO on one.... And what better crowd puller than a screaming motor on a dyno?

Got to be worth exploring....

Nem.....

You're a bit late to the party Paul.