word of warning selling on ebay

pete g

please note if you sell on ebay and some one pays by paypal  and they collect the item .

you are not covered by their protection if the buyer then says he never received the item.

even it you get him to sign for it.

I just sold a engine on ebay and buyer paid straight away by paypal. he took a age to pick it up but the day after he collected he informed his credit card company he never authorised the payment.

paypal froze my account so I not longer can use it till I pay them back plus charges.

what is worse was it was a fellow westfield owner  who has done this to me.

his name is Charlie boswell  so if you come in to contact with this guy I would give him a wide birth.

he comes from the herts  area .im not sure he is a member on here or not.

ther matter is now with the police and credit card company but don't hold my breath I get anything back.

you have been warned

regards pete

that's a shocker Pete

I see Paypal have occasionally refunded where a police fraud complaint has been made.

The Westfield world is a small one so I can't imagine it would be long before he is tracked down ....

Always always always tailor your listing.

If collection only, or an option, cash on collection should be the only option available to punters

I know where he lives .I have his phone number . I know  loads about him  but what can I do.

the internet is a clever thing in hindsight

I now know that . but im to trusting .and has I was paid in full thought I was covered. not so plus extra cost involved for me .

That is not good Pete. Got to say that I have been lucky so far, but hate the way PayPal operate. It can be a real minefield. 

I have even done what he did and paid by PayPal then got someone else to pick up for me. Obviously I didn't then claim back, crazy world.

I can confirm we currently have no members by that name.

lucky for me it could of been worse but still out of pocket over £200

nick it was him who picked it up [looked up his facebook page ]

scumbag even gave me good feedback

Create a fake ID and go on a few van and car insurance comparison websites, kitchens, double glazers, life insurance with his mobile number.

He'll be getting cold calls day and night for weeks !!

Or put a classified add on Gumtree or  in a local paper advertising something silly cheap with his number.

The internet is a wonderful thing ;-)

Better still post it up here and we can all start calling him ;-)

If he hasn't changed his phone voicemail pin (bet he hasn't) he might find he has a different voicemail message and pin set over night ;-)

There are plenty of ways of p******** people off ...

• Like 1

lol nows theres a idea if the police don't do b******* all

Create a fake ID and go on a few van and car insurance comparison websites, kitchens, double glazers, life insurance with his mobile number.

He'll be getting cold calls day and night for weeks !!

Or put a classified add on Gumtree or  in a local paper advertising something silly cheap with his number.

The internet is a wonderful thing ;-)

Better still post it up here and we can all start calling him ;-)

If he hasn't changed his phone voicemail pin (bet he hasn't) he might find he has a different voicemail message and pin set over night ;-)

There are plenty of ways of p******** people off ...

Seeing another side to you David  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Advertise a  Zetec engine in his name and with his phone number, that should get him worried.

It's a good job I didn't see any of those naughty ideas.  :rolleyes: 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.