Phone upgrade...what tarrif deals are people getting

Steve M

I rang EE earlier, I found out that I can upgrade early ( December 30th )

I'm wanting to get an iPhone 6 64gb, I've had iPhones for a few years & I like them

The call assistant said as I'm a loyal customer blah blah...I would be offered the choice of some very good deals

Anyway, my question is who out there has haggled for a better phone tarrif deal & what have you managed to get??

I rang them on Wednesday for an upgrade.

Iphone 6 16gb. 2gb data unlimited text and calls 69.99 for the phone and 35.99 a month.. Was better than the website upgrade offer....

I always get a good deal talking to them directly

However, just went to upgrade the wifes phone and they couldnt touch carphone warehouse's deal

Switched to 02 from EE and ported her number

1GB data, 500 mins calls, 500 texts per month. £5 per month. Plus VAT. Orange. Sim only.

1GB data, 1200 mins calls, unlimited texts.  Virgin Sim only.  £5 per month (inc. the vat I guess).  You have to join on a lesser package at £7 then threaten to leave to get it, though. 

Just upgraded to a iphone6 64gb with EE 43.99 per month less 10% loyalty discount 10gb double speed data unlimited calls/texts inclusive EU roming calls/texts £93 inc delivery upfront for the handset. Extra £7 per month to share the 10gb data with a sim in my iPad. Plus a £15 credit on current bill to buy some data on my iPad till the new kit arrives. EE have no 64gb phones till after xmas. Took some negotiating and had to go past upgrades and speak to retentions was on the phone for nearly an hour

Bought a Google Nexus 5 outright, now paying £15 a month for 5000 texts, 5000 mins and unlimited mobile broadband (including tethering) with 3.

Setting up the phone to work with my network operator was a simple matter of manually copying the settings over from my old phone.

Contract phones are all well and good, but out of the monthly bill your paying £10+ a month (usually for 24 months) for a phone that's loaded with bloatware, restricted in many ways by the mobile operator, locked down and never really belongs to you.