Netflix - working abroad

Greenstreak-Andy D

Is there a way to get Netflix when abroad?

......Or I'll just stop in bar!

Andy

her indoors uses american netflix from here. recons its much much better than the uk version with way more stuff. its some sort of bolt on in firefox. just turn it on/off when you want to access the server.

Don't know if it works for Netflix, but my lad used this for other UK restricted t'internet stuff when he was working in Prague.

Or (not that I would condone this of course) you could download the movies from torrenting sites.

You can go in through a VPN or a proxy server - bounce your internet through a UK based server to look like you're in the UK. Same with getting hold of the US version, bounce your internet through an American server. 

But that is breaking their T&Cs so if you're going to watch Netflix illegally, you might as well go the whole hog, save the money and just pirate films and boxsets for free.

Yes.

I accessed Spotify while based in Delhi for a few months using TunnelBear, you get I think a fortnight roaming, so I was able to use the free 500mb account to 'visit home' every two weeks. Streaming whole films is affordable but clearly uses more data.

Daniel

I use showbox, it's got all the latest films, st Vincent and the new dumb and dumber are already on it plus you don't need to download the film to watch it.

I use VPN express on my iPad to access Netflix, I player and Sky Go when abroad works perfect, you can even select a USA server to access US Netflix

As a few have said above - VPN is the way forward, plus using a VPN is a must when taking advantage of 'free' WIFI in any case. Choose a UK server and you can watch Sky Go and iPlayer - I use it for watching F1 when I'm working outside the UK using the Sky app, works a treat  :d

As has been said elsethread, Hola is an excellent piece of software that will let you access any content that is usually restricted to a specific area. I use it as an extension on Google Chrome. It's free and it works. What could be better :)