1997 Westfield Wide Body SEI-easy project-SOLD

1991westy

CAR NOW SOLD.

Being sold as a small project-either as a rolling chassis or supplied with a brand new and unused Ford 1.8 black top Zetec.

Built from all new parts (receipts included) excluding engine, gearbox and differential and registered on a `Q` plate in April 1997. To date the vehicle has covered only 13021 miles with previous MOT certificates to validate. The car is in very good condition and could be completed in time use next year, only selling as I have been reunited with my original 23 year old Westy which requires restoration!

Specification

Front suspension-wishbones chromed.

Brakes-Front Cosworth 4 pot calipers & G&D ventilated discs mounted onto Westfield alloy uprights.

Brakes-Rear Cosworth 2 pot calipers & G&D discs mounted onto Westfield alloy uprights.

Cosworth LSD

TSW Blade wheels - 7.5” wide x 16” diameter, fitted with Yokohama AVS 205 x 45 tyres.

Interior – ZEI contoured dash and VDO instruments.

Momo steering wheel and quick release boss.

Corbeau sportsman seats & head restraints.

Willians 4 point harnesses.

Westfield carpet set and leather gaitors.

Body-Oxford blue with yellow front & rear wings and nose cone.

Locking boot lid

Westfield chrome rollbar

Floor mounted pedal box.

Full weather equipment including contoured side screens.

Epoxy coated chassis

Facet fuel pump

Reconditioned MT75 5-speed gearbox with quick shift selector.

VW polo radiator

Westfield stainless steel silencer and cover.

As mentioned previously, available with or without brand new & unused Ford Zetec Blacktop engine 1800cc.

Car without engine £4500

Car supplied with new engine £5000

Parts required (depending on engine selection and specification);

Engine mounts and rubbers

Coolant hoses & clips

Starter motor

Alternator

Exhaust manifold

Clutch

Engine management or carbs

Contact details

Telephone Dean in Bristol : 01454 886602

Email : Annette.dean@blueyonder.co.uk

Images

DSCN0901_zps46b218f1.jpg

DSCN0900_zps7bbcf0c6.jpg

DSCN0903_zpsd6741982.jpg

DSCN0902_zps51352796.jpg

DSCN0897_zpsd0b230d7.jpg

DSCN0896_zps69903adf.jpg

DSCN0893_zps866ac747.jpg

DSCN0894_zps13bbc3e1.jpg

DSCN0895_zps20029ca0.jpg

DSCN0907_zpscf9e4c35.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/picky1/DSCN0906_zps689315fc.jpg

• Like 1

Hi i am a newbie looking to purchase my first westfield in the near future. You mention your stunning example comes with the 1.8 Zetec, i was just wondering how much work would be involved to install it ready to run. I would say im fairly handy with basic mechanics so not too concerned on that point. Just wondered how involved it would be. Does the engine need a baffled/shortened sump fitted? If i were to go for carbs does this do away with any engine management system? Any extra comments/advise would be greatly received. Thanks,

• Like 1

You'll need a sump for sure. Carbs will still need an ECU, albeit a cheaper one than that required for Injection. But (from my own research as I am putting a Zetec into my car) here's a list of sorts:

Sump

Flywheel

Clutch

Starter Motor

Clutch Cable

Clutch Arm

Release Bearing

Throttle Bodies/Carbs

Manifold for TBs/Carbs

Air Filter

Engine loom

ECU

Engine Mount Arms

Engine Mount Rubbers

Small Alternator

Spigot Bearing

Hoses

Belts & Pulleys

Exhaust Manifold

It all adds up.

Looks like a tidy rolling chassis though - and it is IVA'd so that's a bonus.

Don't forget this is a great club with lots of plentiful advice and second hand parts at competitive prices, I have seen shortened sumps for sale on Ebay for a little over £100. I believe this car could be completed for little outlay especially if you are not in a rush to complete.

• 2 weeks later...

Car is now sold, thanks for the interest.

Thanks Dean over the moon with the new purchase. Probably just go and stare at it for a while in a bit. Again!

Might be worth a look on locostbuilders.co.uk search for posts by big_wasa if you fancy using the std injection as he knows how to get it running with std ford ecu (cheap as chips)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.