A cringe-worthy moment...

Captain Colonial

However, Wikipidia says....

"At the same time, some white Southerners have reclaimed the word, using it with pride and defiance as a self-identifier"

Much like having "I'm vote Tory" or "I vote Labour" as a plate here.

(Note, no political bias in this post!)

DJ

I always thought that Rednecks were just ordinary, hardworking rural folk tending land, forest etc.  Not much different to large parts of rural working communities in the UK.  If like here, they may not be particularly educated or well travelled but are simple. decent, proud and typically patriotic folk.

Well I'm afraid that, in my experience, you are completely wrong. Apart from the 'simple' bit.

A real redneck is like the worst bits of an Express reader genetically mixed with the worst bits of a Mail reader for a few generations. Once the characteristics are suitably amplified AND they have access to a formidable arsenal of firearms, then they're a redneck...

Bhouse - i have firearms (various up to .263 calibre), gave ups the express and the mail years ago and I have a 42" guide bar on a 125 cc chainsaw… I must be a redneck :-) hehehehehe

but i haven't eaten road kill for at least 3 months so I aint that bad  :p

• Like 1

has that not got a british tax disc in the window meaning its on british plates or should be

has that not got a british tax disc in the window meaning its on british plates or should be

Yep, has a Brit plate on the rear as well but not on the front - maybe it suffered from the same failure malady as a few of the front plates on Westfields. *ahem*

There is a similar truck in our Village, when you see the owner and his woman with a combined weight over 50 stone ( 700 American pounds ) I suppose their choice of vehicle is rather limited?????????? They do not have a Redneck plate but carrying that weight around they understandably always look a bit flushed so could qualify!!!!!!

Can't believe what I've just read Scott......does anyone really give a *** ?
Here in England we have a saying. .......'sticks and stones may brake my bones, but names will never hurt me '.
It's just a numberplate on a cool American truck.......so what ?

And you're worried about upsetting the Westfield factory......well what about upsetting the owner of this truck?
Or doesn't he count, maybe you should let him know how you feel....?
Think you should move this topic to members only area just incase he sues the club after reading it ?!!!

Edited by Scott Young - WSCC Chairman
Edited to remove word deliberately misspelled to bypass swear filter

:d Thanks Graham, funniest thing I've read in ages.  :laugh:

You may consider yourself lucky I found it so comical that I edited your swear word out instead of reporting it as I should have, as you would have received an automatic 24 hour posting ban.

• Like 1

Edited again....Steve D would be proud.....

What a club!

Glad you found it funny Scott.....it wasn't meant to be.

I didn't find yours funny and don't think the owner of the truck would either!

Another membership I won't be renewing.

Ps......not a single swear word was written......you may wish to have another look if you can retrieve original posting ?

As a paid up member I know the rules regarding foul language .

Graham, I think you need to get some new batteries for your Irony Detection Meter.

And you're wrong - yes, you did write a swear word, typing the number "5" immediately followed without a space by "hit" to get around the swear filter - that's a swear word in anyone's books.  The only editing I did was to replace that swear word with asterisks.

Can anyone generate an emoticon for "handbags" ???

only so long as it comes with vic reeves and bob mortimer going oooooooooooooooooo

daft thing is i read it as swear word anyway! :0