August Clan McWesty - Knockhill Track day/nights

theprisioner

What's under the bonnet? 

2.1 pinto, 170bhp, quite modest power compared with some of the other machinery on track. :t-up:

• Like 1

2.1 pinto, 170bhp, quite modest power compared with some of the other machinery on track. :t-up:

Goes very well Andrew  

Goes like 170bhp plus another 40! Very quick up the straight. What diff is in it Andrew?

Goes like 170bhp plus another 40! Very quick up the straight. What diff is in it Andrew?

It's running a 3.5:1 (live axle) If I can get close enough to a 200bhp car on the straight, it's amazing the "tow" effect you get. It's got to be worth in the region of 30 to 40bhp.

I am not sure, the first ride in a Westfield on a track, I would have chosen a Megabusa followed by a V8. Perhaps he will post his comments!

it was awesome ! :).. still buzzing now!

Many thanks for Alistair and Nick for the passenger rides! 

Really interesting to go from the Busa to the V8 i think the best way to describe it would be the Weapon and the Beast! The busa was just brilliant, no roll sharp turn in, Soooo much grip! (those semislicks are amazing eh!) the way it punches through the gears with the screaming engine was just epic! proper race car stuff, what a noise! :)

the v8 was a completely different beast, Soooo much torque! brutal acceleration, much less revs (but nick tells me he was taking it easy!..gulp!) rolled more on initial turn in but again loads of grip once loaded onto tyre. So much character to the engine, a great event!

One thing it did make me realize is that it would be sensible to start with a lesser powered model as i don't think i currently have the driver skill required to piolet a car of that performance just yet! 

still loads of research to do !

many thanks again 

Paul 

A few other engine options too......zetec, duratec, Red top Vauxhaul , Mazda ......loads of choice happy hunting 

Don't forget the fire blade too ;)

Some cracking photo Andrew, I had a great time on Monday.

Yeah loads of engine options! Trying to my head round them all !

One other issue I didn't really think of before was that I don't know if I will get it down my drive into my garage as it is quite steep and might ground out being so low ! Doh !

Paul