*** Official Thread Blyton Track day information

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

Blyton Track day information, in my official capacity as helper on the day here is the days information.

All drivers will be emailed as soon as I can get my PC working but in the mean time, any questions then please feel to email me JohnPDWilliams@hotmail.com

************************************************************************************************

Signing on will be from 7.30am to 8.30am  Please arrive and sign on as early as possible as the briefing needs to start at 8.30am sharp to allow us to be out on track for 9am.

Instruction will be available with an ARDS instructor on a first come first served basis, this can be booked at signing on.  Maximum of one slot per main driver to give as many as possible a chance please.  This is FOC with the cost being covered by the club so whether you are a novice or an experienced sprinter please do take advantage of the opportunity to get some help.

There's lots of novice advice on the WSCC forum and others for novices planning their first day on track but here's a few basics - 

You will need a full face helmet in an open car, Blyton may permit open face if you have a proper screen but they may not and either way it is not recommended.  

Arms and legs must be covered.  

No passengers under the age of 16, if under 18 they must have parents consent (must be signed by parent/guardian on the day). 

All drivers will need to show their road licence.

Make sure you have checked your car over and that it is fit for the task, DON'T RUN OUT OF FUEL ON TRACK!  

The 8.30am briefing will cover how the day will be run and you will have the opportunity to ask any questions.  You must be briefed to be allowed on track, there will be a second briefing at lunchtime if required and we'll do what we can for people arriving in between these times but there may be delays in getting you sorted if you miss the main briefings.

Camping is permitted on site from the Thursday night but please arrive before 9.30pm to gain access to the circuit or the gates may be locked.  

On the Friday night the main paddock area needs to be kept clear for the drivers competing in the sprint over the weekend so any spectators or volunteers who are staying for the weekend are asked to camp near the large arctic trailer that says "CARS" on it from the Friday night onwards.

Thank you and enjoy yourselves from all at WSCC.

Good stuff John!

All drivers will be emailed as soon as I can get my PC working 

Aren't you an IT person??