Hornet600

Murraymint (Alford)

judder (hopefully)

Steve Smith

Suggestion:

09:45-10:00 - Lizzie Brice Services

10:30-10:45 - Harvester inn, Halbeath

11:30-12:00 - McDonalds, Perth

Is the plans to meet in Alford or Ballater…if so what route after that...

Names so far:
bombero
deanoecosse
Wills 57
ziplob
Matta (hopefully)
theprisioner (Alford)
dpeffers
Doug Dastardly (Ballater/Alford)
Hornet600
Murraymint (Alford)
judder (hopefully)
Steve Smith
Wee Dov

Is everyone okay with the timings?!

Hi Rab. Times look good to me........ Anyone from Perth upwards recommend some good roads? Campbell took us an amazing run through some back roads last time..... How about letting us know the road numbers m8?

Hi Rab. Times look good to me........ Anyone from Perth upwards recommend some good roads? Campbell took us an amazing run through some back roads last time..... How about letting us know the road numbers m8?

The route we took that time was from Aboyne to Potarch , along the "old Military road to the B976 turned right then left and headed to the B974 which is the Cairn 'O"Mount road from Banchory to Fettercairn and Edzell.  I think you guys then went through Edzell and Montrose etc back home rather than the A90 Dual carriageway.  

• Like 1

You could do the loop we did that day in reverse and go Edzell, Fettercairn,Grampian Transport Museum(Alford where the prisoner will be) stop there for what ever time etc you want then head to Kildrummy,Dinnet, Ballater, Braemar over Glenshee down to Blairgowrie and onwards which ever way you choose. From Alford to Braemar I'm sure Phil (Murrymint) can take "point" If you Google map that lot in that order so you can see it better. Its about 125 miles from Edzell - Blairgowrie. on that route. But all up to you guys as I'm stuck at work  :barfing:

Which ever route you pick have a great day and I'll hear/see all about it after the event. :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Fuel stops .........not sure about Edzell/Fettercairn but Alford(Phil?) Ballater and Braemar will have a station open on a Sunday 

John, I was hoping that anyone who had done the run last year would know or certainly a local like Campbell (below) could recommend.

The route we took that time was from Aboyne to Potarch , along the "old Military road to the B976 turned right then left and headed to the B974 which is the Cairn 'O"Mount road from Banchory to Fettercairn and Edzell.  I think you guys then went through Edzell and Montrose etc back home rather than the A90 Dual carriageway.  

Campbell, I've just Googled that route and the Old Military Road looks a good one, taking in Alford and also cutting out as many A class as possible.

Yeah that road is usually quiet but as with all these type the local farmers can spring a surprise round the next bend!! I'm sure Phil will have some good roads you might choose as well. Some great back roads  :yes:  :d

Cairn 'O' Mount is always a good blat if it is a nice day then the 2 wheel guys will be out for sure 

Hi Guys

If you guys are taking the Edzell, Fettercairn road and up to Alford and we can meet up at the Grampian Transport Museum (where the sprint is).

Then I'll take you all round Donside/Deeside and back to Blairgowrie….

Alford A944

Kildrummy A97

Strathdon A944

Then onto the Old Military Road A939

A93 to Braemar (In passed Balmoral Castle and a cup of tea with Eliz and Philip)  :laugh:

Glenshee then down to Blairgowrie…..

76miles a cool couple of hours…. :westy:

• Like 1

Phil, PM me and ziplob (Bob) your mob no as we haven't confirmed exact route up.

Pm's sent….

Replied. Spoke with Bob tonight. Not heard from Alastair so unsure if he's playing at Alford however, we'll have a better idea what we're doing once the main group meet up at Halbeath. I'll give you a call then, if that's not too late for you? We'll certainly be running up to Ballater and maybe you can take point from there :t-up::westy:

Replied. Spoke with Bob tonight. Not heard from Alastair so unsure if he's playing at Alford however, we'll have a better idea what we're doing once the main group meet up at Halbeath. I'll give you a call then, if that's not too late for you? We'll certainly be running up to Ballater and maybe you can take point from there :t-up::westy:

No problems…just give me a call and we can arrange a route from there…and I was going to get the ball and chain to make some bacon rolls... :d

No problems…just give me a call and we can arrange a route from there…and I was going to get the ball and chain to make some bacon rolls... :d

Now you're speaking our language! Judging by the number of confirmations, that'll be "26 bacon rolls please!!"
  • Like 2