Abingdon Track Day 18th July 2014

Dommo

I get more variation than that up to 1/4 of a tank over a lap and need to keep it above half a tank to avoid surge.

As in 1/4 in either direction? Impressive! A swirl pot is the next thing you NEED to spend money on.

As in 1/4 in either direction? Impressive! A swirl pot is the next thing you NEED to spend money on.

Yes I do mean 1/4 each way so half a tank overall.  So yes next purchase apart from parts to make it look less scruffy is a swirl pot.

Wonder if Merlin will do a group discount this winter :d

Yes a swirl pot overcomes the issue of fuel surge as that charges the TB'S whilst low pressure struggles and catches up after the corner.

I think there would be a few of us interested. The power cut out after that long left hander was annoying and made me EVEN slower! Could probably shave a second off a lap without that stall effect.

Back in the Bad Old Days I had a 2.8i Crapi for a company car (two of them over four years) and if the fuel was below a quarter tank when I left the M25 anti-clockwise at J16 to go west on the M40 (it's a 270 turn) the engine would stutter as I straightened up onto the M40. Of course it only happened at 'motorway speed' :d

Thanks for posting the Go pro footage, Matt.  And thanks for not trying to jump out... :d  :d  :d

October Hullavington day looks like a good option - birthday treat for me.

Nice smooth lines, Mooch.  Looks like you all had a great day out!!!

My engine is still in bits...

Nice smooth lines, Mooch.  Looks like you all had a great day out!!!

My engine is still in bits...

Thanks, Jon.  It was a great day - probably the best track day so far for me.  Great bunch of guys getting together regularly, get that XI back together and come out to play - we are missing you!

• Like 1

MOTCO, you are in one of my videos shot from my own car too. Not sure which though. Will post them up later on but they have all been uploaded so should be easy to find from that link.

I saw the Boxster spin from the paddock. Also saw the silver M3 do the same in the same place in my mirrors!

Found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uApgqSJxI4 from about 10m 20s. Isn't me though; white helmet = son-and-heir. Good footage - I wish all drivers were as courteous. :)