Heater

Jon Parker

Do you need to have a heater in a Westfield? Mine will have a full screen and so will a heater be required for the IVA test in terms of demisting the screen? How effective is the heater in terms of keeping you warm on dry chilly days?

Many thanks in anticipation.

As long as your screen is electrically heated (lots of thin wires inside the glass) that will cover the demisting for IVA. If not, you will need a heater

I dont have a heater and use mine on cold days, just need a couple of extra layers, gloves, hat etc :d

If you fave a screen then you'll need a means of demisting it for IVA. This doesn't have to be with a heater though as you can also get a heated screen from Westfield which works well, although obviously it won't keep you warm :)

Heaters work ok when you are stationary but when you are moving virtually no benefit at all.

• 1 year later...

My knees are always toasty.... Even when the snotters are frozen on my top lip..... Heaters are Lovely!

Heater's good although limited, keeps your legs and feet warm, and one hand at a time.

Glad I've got one.

I have heater in this westy (with screen and doors) but had nothing in the last one (with aeroscreen).

The heater is fantastic!  Really makes a difference using the car on cold days.  I used to get really cold legs on longer drives but in the new car I can be quite toasty even when its miserable weather. Granted the new car has screen and doors so I'm less exposed to the elements.

Cheers,

Dave

I've had a heater in mine for 15 years, I wouldn't be without one. :t-up:

I have a heater and it is nice when it's on. I also have a set of mountain warehouse long johns which also make a difference when it's really cold. I did think of wearing a pair of my fat nanas long knickers but the frilly bits around the knees made my leg itch.

OOOOOh pictures please (not of your nana)

I like my heater, i went out the other day in shorts and had to turn it off as it blows straight on to my legs, it was too hot!

I am also looking for a bit of flexy ducting to attach to the outlet so the wife can stick it under her coat!!

• 2 weeks later...

Living up north I would not be without the heater plus with a full screen and doors with a full hood it's like a sauna in the westy Well sort of !!!!!