matt nossiter

Nitron spring rates

7 posts in this topic

Anyone know what the spring rates are on the nitron ( later spec upside down ? ) shock absorbers that Westfield supply for a Megabusa ? , been trying to get hold of the factory to find out but couldn't get through to spares or technical today so thought I'd ask on here.

Its normally written or engraved on the ends of the springs if that helps

I can't answer your question, but I bought some nitrons from Westfield and when I checked the number on the base of the springs some years later when I wanted to replace them, Westfield could not id them. They no longer recognised the serial number. Mine were red, what colour are yours?

it's possible to have them measured so you know their rate. As I just needed to refresh the appearance I simply painted mine without ever knowing the rate.

Ben

I ran my road going/sprint Busa that had ARBs with 250lbs front and 150 lbs rear on the Nitron Shocks

I have the same question.!.

But my Nitrons were fitted to a Seight in 2007..

So it's probably 30-40% heavier than a Megabusa.!.

Do Westfield go to the trouble of adjusting the Nitron spring rates to match the car weight?

The last springs I bought had the rates just written on the ends - so I suspect the spring platforms would soon wear that away..

Maybe I'll have a look anyway..

No markings on my springs, but tested at 200lb front (black) and 150lb rear (Red) - supplied with the dampers in 2003

We can test springs for you at £40 + vat for a set of 4 + return postage if that helps?

(We can dyno your dampers at the same time as well for £75+ vat for a set of 4 for WSCC members - usual price £100; this includes force/displacement plots and force/velocity plots of the dampers)