1997 Fast road/track/sprint spec C20XE SEIW (sold)

D7PNY

Excellent news Dave :t-up: 

Cheltenham?? Going to be a local Westy, look forward to seeing it about :)  

Sure that's where he said he's from so keep a look out for him driving it home on Saturday all going to plan.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave, great news on the sale mate, hope it goes well, JAmes 

Thanks James.

Mixed emotions about the sale as said but needs must I suppose.

Really hoping to be out in something again soon as the raw power of the Grand vitara will only keep me occupied for so long :laugh:

Been considering something with less power but more practical for next time.  Was looking at elises etc previously but after having a proper chat to a guy with a caterham recently I'm now thinking the perfect balance would be something with screen etc.  Can't decide on the power side of things...plenty lower powered stuff around and dare I say it I think they will be more fun on the road as will have to drive them harder.

Just have to wait and see how my business venture pans out and then take it from there I guess.

Trailer now for sale separately if anyone's interested?  Will be down to Glasgow with it Saturday so would be really convenient if someone wanted to but and collect from me there to save me towing it back up the road empty ;)

Cheers,

Dave

I had a Mk 2 Elise with a 160 bhp K series. It wa as near perfect balance of power/roadholding and I just loved it.

Why did I sell it.

Because HM constantly complained she couldn't get in or out of it. She only used it to go shopping!

Dave, all will be good and you will be in a exige in 3 years time.  If you need to speak anytime you have my numbers

Glad you sold it as I was so close to adding to the fleet...... :yes:

Hope I'll still bump into you again sometime Dave.

(sort of) glad you got it sold though :t-up:

Cheers guys.

Will def be out in something again asap and will def be visiting golspie to do the sprint again. In my trusty vitara if I have to so our paths should cross again Doug ;)

Thanks James, all progressing nicely and I'm getting to do what I do best...spreadsheets linked to spreadsheets linked to other spreadsheets! Sad I know!

Will be keeping my membership on here going that's for sure!

Cheers,

Dave

Car now gone.

The buyer (Paul) has joined the club so sure he will be along soon enough.

Probably for advice on what throttle cable to buy as it snapped on him half way home :(

Feel terrible about it but I guess it's one of those 'bad luck' things.Longest the csr has ever been driven so wonder if that has something to do with it?!

Either way, I've already offered to cover the cost of new cable because I feel terrible about it. Where is best to get cable from?

Cheers,

Dave

Cycle shops will have cables with tiny screw on nipples and will cut it to the length you require. 

Unless you have a specific shaped ferrule to fit the carbs/TBs this will do, if only for a temporary fix. 

Ask Paul to take a long hard look at the route and where it goes through the the bulkhead to the pedal to ensure all is in line and doesn't have sharp bends.

Not wishing to tempt fate, mine is 24 years old and hasn't had a problem.

Cheers Norm.

From speaking with Paul yesterday it sounds like it's snapped near the carbs.He got it bodged with Aa man and made it home last night.

Just horrible that it happened just after I'd sold the car. Maybe it was telling me I shouldn't have sold it ;)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.